• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    Back from an emergency trip to the vets. Cat was having problems with his back legs and couldn't move his tail at all. Painkillers and antibiotics for a suspected abscess around the base of his spine. Confined to quarters for a couple of days to see how he gets on and back for X-rays if there is no improvement. Couldn't x-ray on the spot as he wouldn't lie still and couldn't be sedated as he'd already eaten.

You had NLUK round, is your tube of deap heat still full?

seriously hope the owner of the house is better soon. I went away for a week and to show her displeasure at being cat sat ours pooped in my office! Tried to tell her the wife booked the holiday.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Quote of the day, that had me in stitches was this plaintive note:

Originally posted by Lecturer
      Why is this assignment upside down in the folder?
      The esteemed customer had punched the holes in the right hand edge of the assignment & couldn't be arsed to correct it.

Dunno why (probably hysteria) but I was giggling about it for ages.

Then there was the 3rd year project proposal for investigating the availability of prohibited substances on the interweb.

I think that one got binned.
      Last edited by zeitghost; 2 November 2015, 16:04. Reason: there's a d at the end of punched

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        I had a weird, brief dream just before waking up this morning. I was in some open space (possibly Lincoln's Inn Fields) in London with somebody, and as we talked an airliner overhead suddenly turned round, cranked its engines up to full throttle and zoomed (much faster than an airliner) round to somewhere about a mile away where it crashed, clearly deliberately. I guessed that it went down somewhere like Trafalgar Square. Then I woke.

So if something like that happens, remember, you heard it here first and I am clearly psychic
        Was the somebody AndyW?

Are you sure it was in London and not the Desert?

Comment

BBC News website: "Why does fog cause chaos at airports?"

At a guess, it's because they're places where many very large objects full of people try to move around a small three-dimensional space at high speed, and if the people driving them can't see anything they're more likely to bump into each other
          About time they dispensed with the pilots then. It works with the DLR. Though oddly there is a DLR strike on this week which I cannot understand...

Comment

Getting foggier around here.

Still sunny though.

Comment

Well, when I say "Sunny", the sun has gone down behind the hill, but Swansea is still bathed in golden rain light.

It's all golden.

Comment

It's a reddish shade of gold now.

Shortly to be replaced by the usual grey numbness.

And you can see the crap coming out of Margam steelworks quite plainly.

I'd never live in Port Talbot if I could help it.

Quite cunning, placing the hospital between a chemical works and the steelworks.

However, the chemical works went yonks ago, and I suspect that the steelworks will be saying Tata soon.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Getting foggier around here.

Still sunny though.
                  Never really stopped being foggy here. It certainly never got very sunny.

Comment

Woman upstairs' cat has got out on the roof and is stuck, so now we're all dicking about in next door's yard and up their fire escape with ladders and things

Comment

Woman upstairs' cat has got out on the roof and is stuck, so now we're all dicking about in next door's yard and up their fire escape with ladders and things
                      Whilst posting on CUK at the same time?

Comment

Working...
                      X