• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think I'm better off taking my chances with just the water, rather than risking fooling about with electricity AND water
    Chimps have no sense of adventure.

Unlike we lizards.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Chimps have no sense of adventure.

Unlike we lizards.
      Exactly. Why just fix the problem when in just twice the time it would take to fix it, you can cobble together a complicated and possibly dangerous work around instead
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        Any idea what that fecking bright star thing is in the East? Visible about 6.30 am
        No idea, sorry.

Can't see East very well coz of the hill in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          GMIL is on AB's already but this one seemed to slip by anyway. They've put her on a dose fit for a rhino for three days to try and get on top of it.

My understanding is that it's a combination of deteriorating plumbing and poor personal hygene due to loss of fine motor skills.

It's tulip getting old, as far as I can see.
          You're goddamn right.

<ZG in "Heisenberg" mode>

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Exactly. Why just fix the problem when in just twice the time it would take to fix it, you can cobble together a complicated and possibly dangerous work around instead
            Indeed.

Why it's only taken me 3 weeks to figure out that it needs really good sealing between the assorted ex-milk containers or the vac leaks nullify its effectiveness.

Comment

finally got a plumber to come out and sort radiator valve and replace the now fault shower.

Only draw back is I have to get up early Sunday morning. Strange that his quote was for cash

Comment

Chicken butty with a bag of crisps for lunch

I had thought I needed to go shopping at the big place, but on looking into the matter I realised that popping over the road for a loaf of bread and some other bits was all that was required.

This also solved the mystery of the banging noises that I've been hearing all day: the doctor's is bedecked with scaffolding and men are crawling about upon its roof, making said banging noises with primitive tools.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  the doctor's is bedecked with scaffolding and men are crawling about upon its roof, making said banging noises with primitive tools.
                  Odd innit, how much noise someone with a hammer can make.

There's scaffolding up around a house down the road.

With the merry sound of the kango hammer knocking off the render.

I wonder if they know that the council will send them a nasty letter accusing them of not applying for planning permission to change the render on their house.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                    Odd innit, how much noise someone with a hammer can make.

There's scaffolding up around a house down the road.

With the merry sound of the kango hammer knocking off the render.

I wonder if they know that the council will send them a nasty letter accusing them of not applying for planning permission to change the render on their house.
                    Client A offices are currently enshrouded in scaffolding as they replace the flat roof, windows and cladding.

Apparently they can do the windows while we are in the offices
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

25 hours until I'm smiling (one way or another)
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X