• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I know Mrs BP will behave in Dubai. She was bought up there.

Odd that such an aggressive women should like a country that mistreats women so much. But there you go...
    On day 2 we have booked a trip up the burj khalifa. They have prices starting at £25 going up to £400! Per person!

Mrs bp has emailed them. Both boys are very vey keen on tall buildings(partly as I hate heights!) so they will try to upgrade us! Very very kind. Proff of how nice the arabs are. Mrs BP, having been bought up among arabs, is amazed that any of them end up being terrorists. They are so nice.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Morning
      How are you?

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Sounds nice. Im spending some of half term down in London on a course.
      At the place we met up before? A pity as we could have gone for coffee and spent our time slanging off the tpd collective. Again.

Comment

On day 2 we have booked a trip up the burj khalifa. They have prices starting at £25 going up to £400! Per person!

Mrs bp has emailed them. Both boys are very vey keen on tall buildings(partly as I hate heights!) so they will try to upgrade us! Very very kind. Proff of how nice the arabs are. Mrs BP, having been bought up among arabs, is amazed that any of them end up being terrorists. They are so nice.
        Then we will have high tea at the burj al arab. We did that when we went in 2006. Very disappointing experience. We complained - so they get a manager to give us a tour of the hotel.

The rooms are amazing...

Comment

How are you?

At the place we met up before? A pity as we could have gone for coffee and spent our time slanging off the tpd collective. Again.
          Im tip top thanks for asking.

No not at the place before, I venturing over paddington way.

Comment

Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Then we will have high tea at the burj al arab. We did that when we went in 2006. Very disappointing experience. We complained - so they get a manager to give us a tour of the hotel.

The rooms are amazing...
              if you like pumps get a tour of the pump rooms!

MIL went with FIL who is into water pumps. The central tower of water only goes off at certain times. The MIL missed it when she first had dinner and accidentally mentioned it to the waiter, they got the guy in charge of the water installation to come up. Next night it was on almost continually just for the MIL, they invited the FIL down to the pump room for a tour.

Nothing is too much trouble there.

The problem is that the Arabs you normally meet treat and see you as equals. Many don't and believe you to be inferior like a Hyacinth Bucket on steroids. That is where the unpleasantness is from. Watch how they treat their Indian & Thai staff.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon all
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning denizens

Another rubbish night's sleep

Sunny again, with Simpsons-style clouds for effect

Comment

Will be glad when Oct 31st is over, keep dreaming about cooking curries.

You may think that's a good thing but no. Have no interest in the prizes at all.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Hi all

Having another great day here. Had an hour's meeting with permie manager with the two of us slanging off the team in general. Seems that after a couple of years here it's possible to sit back and just do tulip producing no actual work. That's what I need to avoid...

Got a banging headache today, not helped by CovBaby deciding that he was going to wake up several times last night. At one point Mrs covbob spent two hours awake with him

Went out for a couple of drinks with friends in Leicester last night. Two nice pints in the Salmon was quite enough for a weeknight and shouldn't have given me a sore head (unless, like evidence suggests, I'm becoming a real lightweight in my old age).

Comment

Working...
                      X