• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    The diamond plus 220 on my desk is a mere 68lbs.
    Real men have a 40" Trinitrons!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FD_Trinitron/WEGA

304 Lbs

they were F********* heavy! Even the curved screen ones. They were great though, you could watch the people sitting next to you in the reflection.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCoconutDog View Post
      If you get the chance check out one or more of:

Princess Louise (stunning tile work and glass inside)

Ship Tavern The Ship Tavern, Pub in Holborn, Pub WC2A 3HP, Ales, British pub, Lincoln’s Inn decent ales, gins and good grub (esp upstairs) but can be pricey.

Holborn Whippet tap room.

Craft Beer Company

32 Great Queen Street is great for grub.
      I had a pint in the Ship Tavern last week. Next time I'm in London, I'll have a drink to you in the others. RIP

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

304 Lbs

they were F********* heavy! Even the curved screen ones. They were great though, you could watch the people sitting next to you in the reflection.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Byeeeee

Comment

Can't decide what to have for dinner. There's curry left over, but I don't feel like having curry two days in a row. There's a nice steak, and some pork chops, but I'm feeling a bit lazy about making chips.

OK, I shall force myself to get into the kitchen and start on chips. Quite fancy a steak

Comment

Right, chips stage 1 is finally underway.

I got distracted on the way to the kitchen by the sight of the enormous monitor, being generally in the way and large. So I set to work and it's now resting on the heavy printer which is on the floor, both of which are out of the way of where the first of the bookcases needs to go. I've also removed other stray bits of junk so I could set to one side the large sheet of plywood I've been using as a desktop for the last fifteen years. Next, I have to disassemble the cupboard on which said plywood rested to make it into a desk, and remove the old office chair that came as a worn-out hand-me-down from a relative of a housemate (also about fifteen years ago), which I no longer need.

With that done, I will finally be able to get the initial phase of bookcases in place

Then I can get the monitor and printer downstairs to be taken to the tip. Although my stair-climbing sack truck claims to be able to carry prodigious loads, I still think it will be safer to take them down in two trips. I may even phone the council to have them removed, if only to save myself the trouble of lifting them into the car, and out again at the other end.
                Last edited by NickFitz; 25 September 2015, 19:22. Reason: "on the floor", not "in" :-/

Comment

Apparently my big printer has a 25MHz 68030 for a processor, with (up to) 32MB of RAM.

I can remember when I would have died for a computer that powerful, never mind a printer

Comment

Looks like ZeitPater is on his last legs.

The nurse advised me to start looking for funeral directors.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

304 Lbs

Did it come with its own truss?

And hadn't Sony heard of antireflection coatings?

In the same way as the producers of laptops also haven't heard of them.

Though that is changing a bit now.

I remember the fight in the 1980s to get shot of reflective screens.

Also the fight for separate non integral keyboards on vdus.

Comment

Working...
                      X