• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see HyperD has another one of his cookery events coming up.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      I'm having liver with onion gravy for tea tomorrow.

This evening's repast is to be lentil soup with extra lentils to make up for the lentils I forgot the week before last.
      now that is a flash back to School dinners. Liver -> its for Pate not frying!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        ZeitGran used to read Rupert to me when I was a little lizard.

We used to get "The Daily Express" delivered in those far off days.

Goodness me, I've just remembered that old man George (the newsagent) used to come around collecting the money in person.
        Rupert always spoke in rhyme
        I don't know how he found the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Rupert always spoke in rhyme
          I don't know how he found the time.
          Not forgetting the prose underneath, which must have been even more time consuming.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            less is more!

so bolt the changes in and charge to rewrite it later
            I opted for the bolt on

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              I opted for the bolt on
              good man storing up invoices for your old age!
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Been shopping. Along with the usual groceries, I treated myself to a new toasted sandwich maker, as the other one is shedding rather more of its non-stick coating than I like to eat with my butties.

Then to the Amazon Locker for the bounty that came from last weekend's box set promotion: seasons 1 to 5 of The Rockford Files

Comment

Then I went for a walk in Bradgate Park, where I saw a little drama play out as I looked down from a rocky outcrop upon this scene (click to embiggen):

A couple of crows suddenly came swooping down from that oak tree on the right towards the bracken below me (foreshortening makes it hard to tell, but it's about a twenty foot drop). Suddenly, a weasel (or some such) with something in its mouth broke cover and ran down that dry bit below the centre of the photo as the crows attempted to dive-bomb it, though I noticed they didn't actually risk getting too close. The weasel held its ground, stopping for a moment on that open bit before jumping over that rock near the centre, and then vanishing beneath a small outcrop of the rock just to the left.

The crows came and perched on that craggy pillar of rock towards the left, looking down over the edge very intently. After a few seconds, the weasel suddenly came darting out from beneath its rock, turned under the bracken to the left and disappeared, presumably underground as it didn't disturb the foliage after that.

The crows had almost launched themselves down when it reappeared but were too slow off the mark. They waited for a minute or so, but there was no further sign of the weasel, so they flew off back to the oak, cawing in an exasperated manner.

All in all, it was great fun to watch, particularly as there were people wandering past on that path about fifteen or twenty yards away, completely oblivious to this battle over dinner happening directly below me

Comment

Norrahe I need help!

Back in my pauper days I got this pan set, and I love them, however the enamel has popped on the 28cm frying pan, I assume out of over use, so looking to replace, eventually will probably replace the whole set as I am OCD about everything mathcing but that is another story.

I love my one pan dishes, stick everything and keep it nice and simple, but am sometimes limited by the size and depth of the 28cm pan, so thinking the logical step would be a move to 30cm, and maybe a bit deeper. So I see this. Now of course I know the name and have no qualms paying for quality, but is there a better option?
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X