• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    For those not on fb, sadly my mum died on Friday. Her TAVI heart valve op went really well, and they were very happy that it was all good, but she had a sudden turn on Friday - they think there was a bleed somewhere (perhaps not heart related even) but it all overwhelmed and they could not revive her. Feeling a bit numb at the mo, but OK. TCD's advice of "stay the right side of hammered" has so far stood me in good stead - he didn't specify which side the right side is! Appreciate the support from you guys through the ups and downs of aging and confused parents - despite my moans, I loved her a lot, and she will leave a big gap. Next few weeks looking hectic - have a feeling today (can't do anything before the coroner does their stuff) is the calm before the storm - or hurricane when super-efficient sister hits from Oz in a week or so!
    <--- Sympathetic

Sorry to hear MS.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

For those not on fb, sadly my mum died on Friday. Her TAVI heart valve op went really well, and they were very happy that it was all good, but she had a sudden turn on Friday - they think there was a bleed somewhere (perhaps not heart related even) but it all overwhelmed and they could not revive her. Feeling a bit numb at the mo, but OK. TCD's advice of "stay the right side of hammered" has so far stood me in good stead - he didn't specify which side the right side is! Appreciate the support from you guys through the ups and downs of aging and confused parents - despite my moans, I loved her a lot, and she will leave a big gap. Next few weeks looking hectic - have a feeling today (can't do anything before the coroner does their stuff) is the calm before the storm - or hurricane when super-efficient sister hits from Oz in a week or so!
      Sorry to hear this

Thoughts to you and your family.

Comment

Comment

For some reason, I feel like watching Friends for the first time in several years

Now, where have I put that box set…

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            For some reason, I feel like watching Friends for the first time in several years

Now, where have I put that box set…
            ms#4 is permanently tuned to the comedy channel. Up till two years ago, I'd never seen Friends. Now I've probably seen most of the episodes 15 times. Although I suspect there are still some I've never seen.

Comment

ms#4 is permanently tuned to the comedy channel. Up till two years ago, I'd never seen Friends. Now I've probably seen most of the episodes 15 times. Although I suspect there are still some I've never seen.
              There's only 236 of them, meaning you can get through the lot in just under 34 weeks at one per day

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                There's only 236 of them, meaning you can get through the lot in just under 34 weeks at one per day
                When she's home, there's about 10 per day. Or it seems like it.

Comment

When she's home, there's about 10 per day. Or it seems like it.
                  23.6 days and you've seen the lot, then

Comment

'Night

Comment

'Night
                      Goodnight

Comment

Working...
                      X