• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    asdfasdfasdf
    ZeitZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Crikey

I may have that issue of .EXE knocking around somewhere; I had a subscription around that time, which was not long before its demise.
      They sent me free copies for years.

I never paid for one.

Comment

Well, with the demise of the ZeitGasBoiler, I'm reduced to carting buckets of hot water across from next door to fill the washing machine.

Just as well it's a top loader.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Nodding off.

But Tesco beckons.

And the bastards cancelled my credit card (due to cock up with new card not arriving, so asked them to send another, which they then informed me meant they'd cancelled the current one)
          Ugh

The other year I was gigging in Cambridge, but a new card was due. As I didn't want it sitting in the hall all week while I was away, I popped into the bank on Saturday afternoon and asked them to send the new card - which wasn't due to be issued for another couple of weeks - to my local branch, so I could collect it from there.

The young lady fiddled about on the computer, brightly told me that was all set up for me, and I left. Then I attempted to buy some books, and my card was declined.

I went back to the bank where a (different) young lady checked and told me my current card had been cancelled, as I'd requested. I pointed out that I had requested no such thing, and she shrugged and said that as it had been cancelled, there was nothing they could do.

I had another account with them that had a cashcard, which I never used, so I thought of transferring money to that. Checking that the other account's card was still active, even though I hadn't used it in about three years, she found that the first young lady had somehow managed to cancel that one as well.

As I had things like a hotel to pay for, I ended up having to draw out a grand in cash to cover the coming week, consoling myself with the thought that the new card should be waiting for me the following weekend.

The following weekend, I went to collect the card from the local branch. Upon being handed it, I discovered that the very first young lady had requested a new card for the wrong account - it was for the one I didn't normally use. I pointed this out. Without checking with me, that day's young lady immediately cancelled the card she'd just handed me and requested a new card for the other account. And I drew out a grand in cash.

The weekend after that, I went to the local branch. After some digging around, they told me the new card had been sent back as they had no record that I was going to come in and collect it

IIRC it was over a month that I had no access to my money other than by going into the local or the city centre branch at the weekend with various alternative forms of ID, like an animal

Comment

Just to ensure a joyful bank holiday, the fecking boiler has just failed again.

Exact same fault as before.

FL or LF, take your pick.

I've thumped it a bit but it didn't do any good.
            The gas man cometh, but doth not do **** all of any use

Comment

Anyone else remember "Program Now" magazine?

It started in 1987 or 88. and died in 1994.
              I missed that one somehow.

Comment

IIRC it was over a month that I had no access to my money other than by going into the local or the city centre branch at the weekend with various alternative forms of ID, like an animal
                What?

They'd accept a signed cat as proof of ID?

I'd never have thought of that.

Comment

The gas man cometh, but doth not do **** all of any use
                  Well it was working when he walked out of the door.

When I was fixing tellies I hated faults like that.

I missed that one somehow.

Poor man's EXE. I originally bought it from WHS since it was a newsstand distributed mag.

Might even have had a sub to it for a while until I was unemployed in 1989/91.

Comment

This

Program Now - 1988 - Computing History

is all I can find about it, apart from a mention by some chap who wrote some articles for it.

Comment

Ugh

The other year I was gigging in Cambridge, but a new card was due. As I didn't want it sitting in the hall all week while I was away, I popped into the bank on Saturday afternoon and asked them to send the new card - which wasn't due to be issued for another couple of weeks - to my local branch, so I could collect it from there.

The solution to that is first direct. Got a problem ring them and because they do most things all the time they actually do them correctly..
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X