• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    And here we are.
    ZeitZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

What, specifically in Toyota, do you require doing?
      I've had it now for half its life, in terms of mileage (it's just over 81,000 now), and its only had the back-street type of service in that time. Toyota offer a full service, including various tests and diagnostics and what have you, for a couple of hundred quid all-in (though probably quite a bit more if anything big needs doing) so I figured it deserved a treat, to keep it going for the next 80,000 miles

There's nothing necessarily the matter with it - the oil consumption is still a tad high, but seems to have settled back to a more reasonable level - but it just feels sometimes like a good tune-up to factory specs would do it some good.

Comment

The washing machine is indicating to me that I've put too much in it.
        Mine has just finished. I'd decided to use the 1600rpm spin, as it's not a hot day that would dry stuff quickly. This has a tendency to make the cooker vibrate like a mad thing. After the time the other week when I spent a couple of minutes looking out of the window trying to work out why the police helicopter was hovering low over the house before realising it was in fact the cooker vibrating, I now rush in there when it's due to start the spin cycle, quickly clearing pans off it and jamming a tea towel under the top, which stops the worst of the noise.

The time when I'd left a glass baking tray, with a metal baking tray inside it, and a metal grille inside that in the oven as it all kicked off was quite something to hear

Comment

Just tried calling Ikea to notify them about the parking, etc., as theirs is yet another website that swallows forms with no indication of whether the information has got through

Waiting time of ten minutes. Decided I couldn't be bothered waiting. I'll try again later.

Comment

So far the tarp under the washing machine is doing the business.

Comment

There we are, fish cooked & eaten.

Yum.

Followed by stewed apple and custard.

Yum.

Currently making the stock for tomorrow's lentil <pfffffft> soup.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Just tried calling Ikea to notify them about the parking, etc., as theirs is yet another website that swallows forms with no indication of whether the information has got through

Waiting time of ten minutes. Decided I couldn't be bothered waiting. I'll try again later.
                There we are, fish cooked & eaten.

Yum.

Followed by stewed apple and custard.

Yum.

Currently making the stock for tomorrow's lentil <pfffffft> soup.
                You know what, you two would make a great "odd" couple #JustSaying
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

very probably.

Some of the stuff I've asked to do for them is quite

The best one was the guy who wanted to magnetically suspend 75kg of steelwork.

I told him he was outa luck.

I've got visions of an impressive installation with a very strong electromagnet. 75kg of steelwork. After opening to visitors, it becomes a living installation with random pushchairs flying towards the ceiling before attaching themselves. Maybe the odd walking frame with dangling old lady too.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    You know what, you two would make a great "odd" couple #JustSaying
                    I'm Walter Matthau, so I suppose that Nick is Jack Lemon.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I've got visions of an impressive installation with a very strong electromagnet. 75kg of steelwork. After opening to visitors, it becomes a living installation with random pushchairs flying towards the ceiling before attaching themselves. Maybe the odd walking frame with dangling old lady too.
                    Yup.

He wanted a control system designed so this monstrosity levitated as if by magick.

Seemed ever so disappointed when I told him to think again.

Then there was the art installation proposed for the beach, comprising a windmill of sorts, attached to a dynamo attached to, IIRC, a laptop.

That didn't fly either.

It might have blown away & decapitated someone though.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 25 August 2015, 18:42.

Comment

I'm Walter Matthau, so I suppose that Nick is Jack Lemon.
                      In The Apartment, or Glengarry Glen Ross?

Comment

Working...
                      X