• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    She had an unconditional so she was granted her place and she has also got the halls she requested
    Excellent

What's she going to be studying?

ms#5 hasn't a clue what he wants to study after A levels.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Excellent

What's she going to be studying?

ms#5 hasn't a clue what he wants to study after A levels.
      Dual french/italian with Business

Comment

It's dark, dank and dreary out there. Had to put my car lights on this morning, and it hasn't improved any since.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          It's dark, dank and dreary out there. Had to put my car lights on this morning, and it hasn't improved any since.
          looking at the radar map the cloud stretches from London all the way south to the channel Islands and France...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Writing the README file for a command line utility I knocked together to do batch-modification of Chef cookbooks in a Git repository, which will be my only concrete legacy of this gig.

If there's one thing I hate more than a project lacking proper documentation, it's writing documentation for a project of my own

Comment

its getting a little colder than previous days. I might be tempted to put my joggers on instead of shorts.

Comment

eldest is writing a CV now so she can send to swim schools near uni. I wonder if I could get SY01 to review it ?

Comment

So this week's project meeting confirmed that the project manager and his useless sidekick didn't even think about writing any changes whilst I was out of the office last week. Of course by the time the project update meeting rolled around we'd missed this week's CAB deadline.

Now stuck trying to get changes in so I can do some work w/c 24th... I keep having conversations going round in circles like:

covbob: Please sort out a change request and some comms for next Thursday's CAB. If you miss it I won't be able to do any work this month.
                  useless sidekick: I suppose I could, but first I need to do user stories yadda yadda. I'll put a change in next week after you've done some testing.
                  covbob: The testing consists of four steps. It'll take about an hour. If you do the change next week we'll miss CAB again and be sitting around.
                  US: I suppose I could, but I'd better check with the PM first and he's off until next week.
                  covbob: ...

Followed by the meeting minutes being full of useless minutiae and no mention of the admin cock-ups.

8 weeks into an IP improvement project and not a single machine moved nor a single routing change made yet.

Finally cracked last night and put my CV out to the job boards. I need to go get out of here: my boredom clock is now ticking and the money isn't good enough to make me just sit around and pick up the cheque each month.

Comment

Barsteward.

It's just started raining.

It's been dry all day until I thought I might bugger off.

So now it's raining.

A bit.

Comment

'Tis getting wetter out there.

Comment

Working...
                      X