• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In other news, since the sun has got his hat on, I've been digging the next patch of lawn.

Nearly all weeds removed, along with gigantic bramble roots.

And pulled some more weeds out of the border.

Plus bunging all the windfall apples in the compost heap. Must have been a hundredweight by the feel of it.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      What's the title of this filmic extravaganza?
      De Noorderlingen aka The Northerners. A somewhat surreal comedy about a community living in a never-completed modern housing development at the end of a road in a forest

The complete list is here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/light...ml#post2122391

Comment

Found subtitles, in various formats, for eight of them

Now I need to work out how to use them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Found subtitles, in various formats, for eight of them

Now I need to work out how to use them

Maybe this will be quicker...

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Maybe this will be quicker...
            I lived with a Dutch girlfriend for four years and didn't manage it, so…

Anyway: the subtitle file is plain text with timings. DVD ripped with RipIt, no problem. Playing it in VLC, I can see that the subtitles need to be offset by twelve seconds, presumably to allow for one of the distributor idents at the start of the disc. So I load the disc image in Handbrake, add the subtitle file, specify the offset, and it's now re-encoding it in a format suitable for Apple TV, with subtitles baked in

Dunno if it'll all work out right, but it's something to do while I wait for my sausage casserole to be ready

Comment

Resists the finger in the dyke joke...

Comment

Am I drinking alone tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Am I drinking alone tonight?
                  Just had dinner, about to grab a beer

Turns out the subtitle offset should have been -12, not 12

Still, now I know. It occurs to me, however, that re-encoding all of these will be a lot quicker when I've got my new iMac, so I'm postponing my Dutch cinema experience for a couple of weeks

Comment

Jolly good.

3 for a fiver on cider at Tesco. I have one left...

Fancy a game of scrabble?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Just had dinner, about to grab a beer

Turns out the subtitle offset should have been -12, not 12

Still, now I know. It occurs to me, however, that re-encoding all of these will be a lot quicker when I've got my new iMac, so I'm postponing my Dutch cinema experience for a couple of weeks
                      Which model?
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X