• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home. Very tired.

Very nice meal at Hawksmoor (despite being interrupted by 2 phone calls from mother ) and a pleasant evening back at the hotel with a bottle of bubbly.

Left iPod at the hotel, so having got across town to the hospital, had to head all the way back before coming home.

Hungry now - will see what the kids have left for me.

Comment

Hi all

Spending this week on a training course in Wokingham.

All well and good (and quite enjoying the course) but had forgotten how dull an evening in a hotel room alone is. Particularly not liking being away from Mrs CB and CovBaby for a whole week.

I've been spoilt I suppose - a couple of years a permiedom (and before that contracts close to home) mean I've not had to be away from home much since about 2010. I'm getting old and soft!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        just checked my hotel booking for tonight.

Good job I did - I'm in an entirely different hotel to the one I thought it was..

Don't need to walk across tower bridge now
        I don't bought you were staying at the outlaws?
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          I don't bought you were staying at the outlaws?
          Tube strike. I can either have a 5 mile work from the main line station to the office or stay local.. I'm staying local and off to the theatre instead...

Then tomorrow I just have 1 5 mile walk - back to the mainline station tomorrow afternoon...
          Last edited by eek; 5 August 2015, 14:41.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Last edited by DaveB; 5 August 2015, 14:47.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              Hi all

Spending this week on a training course in Wokingham.

All well and good (and quite enjoying the course) but had forgotten how dull an evening in a hotel room alone is. Particularly not liking being away from Mrs CB and CovBaby for a whole week.

I've been spoilt I suppose - a couple of years a permiedom (and before that contracts close to home) mean I've not had to be away from home much since about 2010. I'm getting old and soft!
              Sort out a CUK Wokingham meet - I'll come!

Comment

Still on the vac frenzy.

Discovered that the idea of having a dressing table against the wall in the middle bedroom wasn't wise, judging by the black mould in the corner.

This despite the dehumidifier being in the room quite often.

The Dettol agent orange mould killer saw it off though.

The quantity of redundant tights in the airing cupboard is remarkable.

Out they go.

<ZG in "in the bin we go" mode>

Even more impressive is the quantity of long out of date emollient creams and such like, not to mention the anusol suppositories best before 1997.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Still on the vac frenzy.

Discovered that the idea of having a dressing table against the wall in the middle bedroom wasn't wise, judging by the black mould in the corner.

This despite the dehumidifier being in the room quite often.

The Dettol agent orange mould killer saw it off though.

The quantity of redundant tights in the airing cupboard is remarkable.

Out they go.

<ZG in "in the bin we go" mode>

Even more impressive is the quantity of long out of date emollient creams and such like, not to mention the anusol suppositories best before 1997.
                  Ebay them. Useful for bank robbers and wine makers.

Comment

Home!

Seven more days…

Comment

Please excuse the inaccuracy, it wasn't 1997, it was 1991.

I'm sure there's still some goodness left in there though.

Comment

Working...
                      X