• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    4 days less than 4 years to go.

I shall count them to keep my self vaguely alive.
    Free Countdown Timer - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

Comment

Thanks.

Comment

Byeeee

Comment

Home!

Sunny again. I could see the faraway windmills quite clearly from the high bit on the Fosse Way. Well, I could until some white van pulled out in front of me

I think that's four days this week I've been able to see them

Comment

I can see two sets from the train:

From near Llansamlet Tesco, the windmills at Rhyd Y Fro can, on a good day, be observed.

On the drop down into Neath, from around about Skewen, the windmills at Ffynnon Oer can be observed.

These latter, despite looking as if they are on the top of the opposite mountain, are about 8 miles distant.

They are, in fact, the windmills that the ex-lustee and I spent the better part of a day walking to & from.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 10 July 2015, 17:52. Reason: 3 ns in Ffynnon

Comment

These latter, despite looking as if they are on the top of the opposite mountain, are about 8 miles distant.

They are, in fact, the windmills that the ex-lustee and I spent the better part of a day walking to & from.
              I'm impressed by how well the faraway ones can be seen - I'm sure I can see the stalks when it's very clear, despite them being twenty miles away.

Comment

In other news, I knocked 9s off my best time up the short sharp hill in the woods on my way home from work

https://www.strava.com/segments/7901100

Over a minute faster than lady #2 - and with a pannier full of crap

Comment

Looks like the person I sit next to at clientco is also off to new clientco at the same time as me..

Two different people who know us reckon its going to be like an extended episode of the odd couple.... Not that that probably surprises anyone here who knows me as you probably just think I'm odd...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    I'm impressed by how well the faraway ones can be seen - I'm sure I can see the stalks when it's very clear, despite them being twenty miles away.
                    You can see the Ffynnon Oer windmills from Fabian Way and the Mumbles, as I observed one fine morning when making my way out of a chapel after a funeral service.

Plain as a pikestaff they were.

The windmill ******* currently wish to place a windmill on top of Drummau Mountain, a mere 75metre tall device, which you should be able to see from space.

You can see the Ffynnon Oer windmills from space if you use sat view on google maps.

In other news, they've updated the sat view of this area recently since you can see that I've been digging in the garden and the roof has disappeared from the greenhouse, so it's been done sometime since Easter.

Comment

You can see the Ffynnon Oer windmills from Fabian Way and the Mumbles, as I observed one fine morning when making my way out of a chapel after a funeral service.

Plain as a pikestaff they were.

The windmill ******* currently wish to place a windmill on top of Drummau Mountain, a mere 75metre tall device, which you should be able to see from space.

You can see the Ffynnon Oer windmills from space if you use sat view on google maps.

In other news, they've updated the sat view of this area recently since you can see that I've been digging in the garden and the roof has disappeared from the greenhouse, so it's been done sometime since Easter.
                      You can find the month and year of the satellite photos in Google Earth, and go back in time to older versions, but I don't know if they offer that in Maps in the browser. You can do it with Street View imagery though

Comment

Working...
                      X