• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Waddesdon is one of my favourite National Trust places. I took a prospective girlfriend there in 1985 just after I had bought my first car! She was very impressed - that's all I can say as there are Ladies present.

I don't like Chartwell. The café is not up to much. Though the house is amazing.

As we are based round Sidcup, we are thinking of Batemans. Had a great day out there - though only been the once. I seem to remember it involves going down the A21 which can be painful - though I want to see how they are getting on with the bypass just South of Tonbridge.
    If you have all day rather than just the afternoon do Bodiam castle first to wear out Baby BP then Batemans afterwards.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      In other news:

BoredNow(tm).

Time I drilled the pcbs.
      Stone me, there were ever so many holes in that little lot.

Comment

Linked in just sent me a stupid email.

Oh no! Your profile rank dropped 0%
        Hang on, no it hasn't. I'm now the number 4 profile in the list of 98..... And I shouldn't be that high in the first place....
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Useful Tips I Always Forget About Until It's Too Late no. 473: have a big dinner before you go to the dentist, because you definitely won't be eating one afterwards
          Have you been to the dentist then? What did they say?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            If you have all day rather than just the afternoon do Bodiam castle first to wear out Baby BP then Batemans afterwards.
            Bodiam castle is a very good one! Top tip! We will think about that.

Comment

Have you been to the dentist then? What did they say?
              This was supposed to be a check-up, scheduled before the abscess developed. As the dodgy tooth is going to need a root canal, she decided to open it up and drain it so the infection has a chance to clear up properly. So that was fun

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Waddesdon probably needs the whole day...
                Agree.

there are multiple play areas there with different age ranges for Baby BPs.

Food is very good.

The house is stunning, try to arrange to see it outside at night.

plenty of walking.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

This was supposed to be a check-up, scheduled before the abscess developed. As the dodgy tooth is going to need a root canal, she decided to open it up and drain it so the infection has a chance to clear up properly. So that was fun

I have had 2 root canals. As I don't like gimp masks I find them unpleasant. Second time I was in so much pain I have to go under a general anaesthetic. I hope it goes well.

Any timescales? I don't want this to affect Monday links!

Comment

I have had 2 root canals. As I don't like gimp masks I find them unpleasant. Second time I was in so much pain I have to go under a general anaesthetic. I hope it goes well.

Any timescales? I don't want this to affect Monday links!
                    Two weeks on Thursday, so hopefully I should have recovered by Monday

Comment

Two weeks on Thursday, so hopefully I should have recovered by Monday
                      And plenty of time for you to decide on the big lunch you will have just beforehand!

Good luck old chap!

Comment

Working...
                      X