• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning All,

Sunny but you know it's going to bucket down later.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      ms#05 (in accusatory voice): "Why are you so cheerful this morning? You're never cheerful."

It has to be said, I do have a strange, slightly euphoric feeling.

Is this what that elusive thing called happiness feels like?

Ah, well, I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly.
      You'll be relieved to hear that the good feelings have subsided. Will pipe happy music through my earphones in an attempt to reawaken, although I suspect it will just get on my nerves.

Comment

Nice drive up to ClientCo this morning, sun was shining, no cows were on the road blocking me, all in all it was quite pleasant.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Internet problems at ClientCorp have resulted in Stack Overflow being blocked. All development activity has basically come to a halt

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            ms#05 (in accusatory voice): "Why are you so cheerful this morning? You're never cheerful."

It has to be said, I do have a strange, slightly euphoric feeling.

Is this what that elusive thing called happiness feels like?

Ah, well, I'm sure normal service will be resumed shortly.
            A stroke, probably

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              And of course the case of Scunthorpe being blocked en-mass by AOL and, a few years later, Google.
              To the extent that the phenomenon of inadvertent blocking is now known as the Scunthorpe Effect

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Internet problems at ClientCorp have resulted in Stack Overflow being blocked. All development activity has basically come to a halt
                That reminds me of my how to follow best practice story...

At Clientco but 2 we discovered a problem with deployment of some alfresco code. Eventually after a few hours we pinpoint the problem and start searching for a fix.

Hit stack overflow and it has a question that is identical to ours with a solution. Unfortunately that solution looks like its already been implemented.

We look closer and look at the names in the record. The person asking the question looks strangely familiar and after a few seconds we work out its a contractor who left a couple of months earlier. Fair enough obviously we had this problem before.

We move on to the sole answer. Hang on that name also looks familiar... Isn't that the other contractor who left at the same time...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Looks like my next contract could be far too close to MS for safety...
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Either I've gone completely deaf in my right ear, or one of my earphones is duff.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Its when CUK is blocked that a problem occurs!
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X