• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

worse, my colleague doesn't have the issue.... So its personal...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Is this yer classic windmill or one of them Diver type monstrosities?

You can see the Ffynnon Oer windmills from the Gower, as I discovered when I exited a church after a funeral, and there they were, as plain as a pikestaff.

What's a pikestaff?
      The newfangled kind

No sightings this morning: it was foggy again. I suspect the s may be up to some nefarious activities they're trying to hide

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Can't access agency system to enter timesheet. I'll have to phone them and they don't open until 9
        Just submitted my final timesheet with this client. Actually have a little bit of work to do to finish off, which should keep me busy until early/mid-afternoon. Once that is done I shall be buggering off-ski.

Comment

Originally posted by Ticktock View Post
          Just submitted my final timesheet with this client. Actually have a little bit of work to do to finish off, which should keep me busy until early/mid-afternoon. Once that is done I shall be buggering off-ski.
          Oh. I just finished that little bit of work...

I guess I have a meeting I need to go to this morning, lunch with another contractor also leaving today, then I may as well come back and hand in the clientco laptop I've left locked in a drawer for the entire contract before I bugger off-ski.

Comment

Think I've just got another six month extension.

Me: My contract runs out in six weeks and I'll be on holiday then
            Them: Don't worry, I get an email in a couple of weeks and it'll be signed off by then
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Alternatively, there's no extension because they don't need me any more.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

And there is pressure from on high for contractors to be taken on as permanent staff or to be let go.

I doubt they will want me to go permie though, but they are talking to one of the others about his price.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Learning how to use awk to parse error logs, because that was the only thing I could think of to say in the standup that sounded like it might be vaguely relevant to what I ought to be doing but can't because of a Chef Analytics bug

Comment

I hope there will be a thunderstorm today. I like thunderstorms...

Comment

Afternoon
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X