• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

home time
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      well paid Perm with a cracking pension alert
      FTFY
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Home!

Had to make a detour via the Amazon Locker, for some bits that were on their last day. But I was running late all day anyway, so I missed the absolute peak of traffic at the worst junctions due to said detour

I'm hoping that the extremely marginal signs of improvement in my back are going to continue. ClientCorp has given everybody desks that go up and down, so they can be used as standing desks - there's a little keypad that slides out in the corner, with up and down buttons. Leaving aside the faintly ludicrous concept of an electric desk, it's been really useful, as my back muscles tend to lock up tight if I sit for very long. I'm able to sit down then, when I need to move, I can switch to standing for five or ten minutes with the desk to lean on, and get the muscles loosened up ready for action. I still don't manage to move very fast, but it's better than yesterday, when I could scarcely move at all, and couldn't handle standing for very long either.

Still, as long as I'm not prevented from getting out the door at the end of the day, I'm happy

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          home time
          ZenChuryOm(tm)

Comment

Well there we are, liver, bacon, onion gravy.

It was the remainder of the stuff from last week that's been in the freezer ever since.

There was a lot of liver.

But it was very nice.

The fava beans & chianti really set it off well.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Cancelled my motorbike holiday as my back isn't very well.
              Bummer

Instead booked a nice farmhouse villa in Tuscany for a week in May
              Better than nothing

Comment

Contract arrived. For a two week contract that starts tomorrow, the notice period is 4 weeks

Someone please shoot me

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  Well there we are, liver, bacon, onion gravy.

It was the remainder of the stuff from last week that's been in the freezer ever since.

There was a lot of liver.

But it was very nice.

The fava beans & chianti really set it off well.
                  Just got my chicken casserole in the oven

Haven't had it in a while. I'd got bored with it, but now I'm quite looking forward to it.

Comment

Contract arrived. For a two week contract that starts tomorrow, the notice period is 4 weeks

Someone please shoot me
                    I had a direct contract with a client where the notice period, due to a cut-and-paste error by the in-house legal team, was twelve months

I noticed it when I signed it, but kept quiet. They noticed when I was no longer required and they wanted to give me the couple of weeks of notice that had been intended. This put me in the position of being able to say that of course I wouldn't try to hold them to it, it was an obvious mistake, etc. and thus leave on excellent terms with them.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Bummer

Better than nothing
                      Ta!

Yes, I liked the cycling during my NL holiday last week. So did a bit of search and found a nice villa with an outdoor swimming pool and a couple of cycles (incase one breaks ). I found some nice cycling tracks in that region around Cortona and just booked the damn thing.

Also found some Chianti tasting tours along with some other sort of "entertainment"

Motorbiking with this back can be disastrous (from experience), so I might stick to gentle exercise.

The next thing to consider is whether to take the RR or fly into somewhere and hire a car. If only life were simple ....

Comment

Working...
                      X