• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

I went to Argos last night to try and procure a graphics card. It turns out every single graphics card is delivery only. I don't get why someone would want to order an overpriced graphics card and actually have to wait for it

Off to PC World this morning (Gawd help me).

Need a name for my new rig also. I normally name after tv robots / droids / cyborgs. The last one I built was for an esteemed customer, and is called Kryten. The failover machine of course is spare head 2.

Any ideas on a name?
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Morning all.

Grey & cold, but dry at the moment.

I shall start on preparing lunch shortly.

Then it's the vac frenzy once again.

Comment

On a red dwarf theme I thought I could call the domain "siliconheaven". Thank goodness I checked google first.

The incompetence is in spades this weekend.

Off to pissy world

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, though still a bit chilly. I daresay it'll warm up in a bit

Comment

I should add that I haven't actually been out - my assessment of the external temperature is based solely on evidence provided by an open window in the kitchen

Comment

Sunny with a bit of a chill in Nottingham today.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I need to get put into the garden this afternoon to get those weeds down.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Putting the washing out to dry.

Saw The "Classic" at maker faire but Mrs Eek doesn't want me to buy one (thanks youngest eek twin).

So it looks like I've found a use for my Raspberry pi 2 instead....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Went to pissy world. Got there at 10, as the store locator on the web site said they open at 10.

They actually open at 10:30. I mentioned this as feedback to the store manager, who at me, said he knew and that yes it had been reported to head office.

He didn't appreciate my additional feedback at this juncture

Graphics card installed

My minion is not bootable so I am just making it so. Then we should be installing Centossy goodness all over my lovely new 500GB Sata drive.

Comment

Working...
                      X