• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esteemed Customer whose report needs to be submitted tomorrow
    I spent all night reading this book about C.
    Originally posted by Esteemed Customer's supervisor
    You should have done that in November
    Feck me.

As if staying up all night reading a book about C is going to get you anywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Esteemed Customer whose report needs to be submitted tomorrow heard yesterday
      I learned C in the first year.

Then it was PIC assembler in the 2nd year.
      Well actually you did C with my colleague and PIC assembler with me in the 1st year.

In the 2nd year you wrote some singularly crap PIC assembler & expected me to debug it for you.

Which, oddly enough, didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Esteemed Customer
        Why is my regulator getting hot?
        Have you got the comparator in the right way round?

Originally posted by Esteemed Customer
        Oooops
        So that's a no then.

Have singularly failed to get the lcd routines for the other esteemed customer working.

Ho fecking hum.

Comment

Leaving for the rattler in 5 mins.

Comment

However, looking on the bright side, I'm now getting spam from Russian "ladies" on my work email

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Trip to M&S and Sainsbury's done. Suppose I should get dinner on: roast lamb

Comment

M&S customers are the most utterly useless at operating a self-checkout I have ever seen. It's a good job they don't have to work there

I swear, I got through with my sausages and steak in less time than the three previous punters had taken to find their cards and then put them away again after paying. I would have been quicker than that but I had to wait for the machine - even after it's registered and accepted a contactless card, it takes a few seconds before it manages to summon up the energy to print a receipt

Comment

My damn back is playing up, so I've regretfully decided not to go to the pub

It isn't particularly painful, but the muscles keep feeling as if they're right on the verge of going into spasm. It felt a bit dodgy in the shops earlier, and in the kitchen when I was cooking dinner; feels like I just have to get my posture ever so slightly wrong and the whole thing's going to seize up. So I figure it's probably best to rest it tonight, rather than walking a mile to the pub and staggering back later.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      My damn back is playing up, so I've regretfully decided not to go to the pub

It isn't particularly painful, but the muscles keep feeling as if they're right on the verge of going into spasm. It felt a bit dodgy in the shops earlier, and in the kitchen when I was cooking dinner; feels like I just have to get my posture ever so slightly wrong and the whole thing's going to seize up. So I figure it's probably best to rest it tonight, rather than walking a mile to the pub and staggering back later.
                      According to H2G2, the pub is where you need to be...

FORD PREFECT:
                      Drink up.

ARTHUR DENT:
                      Why three pints?

FORD PREFECT:
                      Muscle relaxants. You’ll need it.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X