• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hadn't heard a single thing from the garage for nearly two weeks, but when I pulled in to the small industrial area where they are, the first thing that I saw was SMC in the bodywork shop, tilted over at a fair angle with the flash of welding coming from underneath the driver's door where the sill has been entirely cut out and replaced with a new one

There's a few other bits and bobs to look at, and they clearly don't regard it as a rush job, but I daresay they'll manage to get the car back to me some time before next weekend

Comment

Ooh, it's the Grand National this afternoon! The time of the year to put thruppence each way on a 100-1 shot

Comment

Afternoon all,

There seemed to be some sort of ultra marathon/ramble going on along the coastal path this morning. The dog didn't know which one to say hello to and since they all had little rucksacks anyone of them could have been carrying treats.

In other dog related shenanigans, the replacement for the bit of plastic that keeps the spool in place on the strimmer arrived to day after the little fecker chewed the last one. Gotta love ebay for things like this.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Shopping brought in from car (two trips)

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          Admittedly, the main reason it took two trips to bring everything up from the car was that I'd stocked up on bottled beer, and also got three litres of sunflower oil for the deep fat fryer, which meant it was a bit heavy and bulky to bring in in one go - I have to cross a yard, open a gate, cross another yard, open a door, go upstairs, and finally open the door of the flat

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Admittedly, the main reason it took two trips to bring everything up from the car was that I'd stocked up on bottled beer, and also got three litres of sunflower oil for the deep fat fryer, which meant it was a bit heavy and bulky to bring in in one go - I have to cross a yard, open a gate, cross another yard, open a door, go upstairs, and finally open the door of the flat
            Rule number 76: No excuses, play like a champion!

Comment

Sausage sandwich on nice, fresh, crusty white bread for lunch, washed down with orange juice

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                Rule number 76: No excuses, play like a champion!
                Rule number 76 subsection i: Unless there's a risk of dropping and smashing a bottle of good beer, in which case, be careful!

Comment

Cycled to parkrun
                  Ran parkrun (in the rain)
                  Drank tea
                  Cycled to footie (sun had made an appearance)
                  Watched ms#5's team lose 8-0
                  Cycled home.

Knackered.

Comment

Now refuelling on fried egg sandwiches.

Comment

to celebrate the fact that it's Saturday, I've just spent 2 & a half hours in A&E with ZeitMater.

Home reckoned there's sommat up with her walking, and A&E reckoned there isn't.

At least it was quiet, being a Saturday morning before the sports injuries arrive.

Comment

Working...
                      X