• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a quick read on something. Current consultancy ask me to fill out monthly timesheets in excel given a template they provide.
    Recently they've switched over to an online system. All good.

Then they asked me to fill out both the excel and the online system. Grumbled a bit, but ok fair enough.

Then they suddenly rejected my invoices as they weren't broken down by day and by project. I grumbled a bit more. They are now honouring my invoices with no further changes for March.
    Buuuuut they say from April onwards I need to do this.

I've refused on the grounds that it's basically recreating the timesheet in an invoice, and duplicating effort and information unnecessarily.

Given that I work across multiple projects and regularly have to switch, on a busy month an invoice could run to many pages.

Anyone ever had this? What did you do?
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Spent the entire afternoon doing the washing.

I ran out of clean stuff this morning.

Needs must & all that.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
        Need a quick read on something. Current consultancy ask me to fill out monthly timesheets in excel given a template they provide.
        Recently they've switched over to an online system. All good.

Then they asked me to fill out both the excel and the online system. Grumbled a bit, but ok fair enough.

Then they suddenly rejected my invoices as they weren't broken down by day and by project. I grumbled a bit more. They are now honouring my invoices with no further changes for March.
        Buuuuut they say from April onwards I need to do this.

I've refused on the grounds that it's basically recreating the timesheet in an invoice, and duplicating effort and information unnecessarily.

Given that I work across multiple projects and regularly have to switch, on a busy month an invoice could run to many pages.

Anyone ever had this? What did you do?
        Copy and paste the spreadsheet as an attachement to the invoice. Write up the invoice for X days at Y rate with detailed breakdown provided in attachment Z.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

On hold to O2 Customer Services, because the idiots in the Apple Store gave me a Pay Monthly SIM for a PAYG account, and they have different settings. I only found out yesterday I can't send SMS messages, and when I tried the "default settings" button it disabled data too

Comment

Comment from the nice, helpful Glaswegian lady at O2: "Actually, we don't get many iPhones on Pay As You Go"

Data's working again, but I still don't seem to be able to send SMS

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              On hold to O2 Customer Services, because the idiots in the Apple Store gave me a Pay Monthly SIM for a PAYG account, and they have different settings. I only found out yesterday I can't send SMS messages, and when I tried the "default settings" button it disabled data too
              A man of your intelligence shouldn't be using an iPhone.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                A man of your intelligence shouldn't be seen dead using any lesser device than an iPhone.
                FTFY

Comment

Finally got SMS working, by dint of entering certain mystical incantations involving * and # along with various numbers

Comment

In order to get the telecommunications working, I charged up my old iPhone 3GS so I had something to send and receive with. I was amazed at how small it seemed, even though it's only been a few weeks since it was my regular device
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 9 April 2015, 19:04.

Comment

Reheated sausage casserole for dinner, with chips of course.

I've just realised that I'd cut up and added some sausages I'd cooked the other day to the mix. This means those bits have been reheated twice, which is supposed to make them poisonous or something. So if I spend the night throwing up, or all of tomorrow invoicing from ClientCorp's toilets, that'll be the reason why

But I daresay it'll be fine. They were good quality sausages

Comment

Working...
                      X