• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Well I see you found TPD.

You did read it all before posting of course.
    As I'm on the bench, I'll definitely have the time to read all 26,973 pages, carefully digesting each morsel of wisdom.
    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Bit more dismantling done.

Glass removed from roof.

Various extremely rotten bits of wood bit the dust.

Now I have to decide whether I'm going to repair what's there or just knock it flat.

Smashed one 8" terracotta pot when a chunk of wood fell on it.

Smashed a couple of panes coz I was getting tired and a little too enthusiastic.

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
        As I'm on the bench, I'll definitely have the time to read all 26,973 pages, carefully digesting each morsel of wisdom.
        There's a lot of semineked wimmin in the first 100 odd pages.

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
          That's the best way

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Looks like 29 April for my trip to the smoke.

Counting House or Ship & Shovel (or somewhere else)?
            I can't make it then - it's the week before I'm taking off

Comment

Needed to fuel the car, so I tried going to the other, newer Sainsbury's across the other side of the city. It means I have to continue home on the manky 1960s-style ring road rather than the swanky 1990s bypass and the M1. On the other hand, I think it works out a bit faster overall, as I don't have to battle the rush hour at the motorway junction twice (once coming off, and again heading home).

It also has that new-fangled pay-at-pump technology hitherto reserved for Down South, in order to give the people of the Home Counties the impression that the country is more civilised and technologically advanced than it actually is, or possibly just because that's where the people who own the petrol stations live. I've only ever used that once before, but that was at a Tesco in Cambridge, so it doesn't really count. Overall, I think I approve

On the other hand, it's a penny a litre dearer than the nearby Sainsbury's, which has an Asda just over the road to compete with. But I probably use that much petrol going down the motorway and queuing in the traffic down there, so it's much of a muchness really.

Comment

I avoid pay at the pump.

Which means I don't use the Tesco discount that I accrue.

And I don't use the Morrisons card any more, so I don't get that either.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                  I avoid pay at the pump.

Which means I don't use the Tesco discount that I accrue.

And I don't use the Morrisons card any more, so I don't get that either.
                  I don't think Sainsbury's offer a discount, or indeed any benefits beyond the usual Nectar points. But it saved me walking over to the till and back.

Mind you, the woman in front of me - who'd just got back from the till as I finished filling up - then sat in her car fiddling with her handbag for a minute or two, so I didn't actually save any time in the end

Comment

Suppose I'd better get dinner on. Sausage & onion casserole tonight

Comment

Finally got my timesheet signed and March's invoice raised. Have missed the agent's cutoff though - hoping they'll be kind.

Comment

Working...
                      X