• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mrs Bo going to lunch leaving me at Bonkerz play centre Llandudno.

Thank goodness for their wifi.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Normal working day here in Istanbul. Easter, she's not veery beeg.
      Nor is Christmas. It's awfully strange heading out for Christmas Lunch (last time was at the Four Seasons) to walk back with everything fully open....

Are you working there or just on holiday...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
        Normal working day here in Istanbul. Easter, she's not veery beeg.
        How long is your gig there for?

Comment

Morning denizens

My mum's in hospital

Ambulance at three into morning, due to uncontrollable rectal bleeding. They got it stopped around seven, but naturally they're keeping her in for further investigation.

My big sis, who lives nearby, is going to see her this afternoon, so I should get more details then. Current thinking is that I leave it until tomorrow, when I'm due down there anyway.

She told the hospital that they'd have to discharge her or she'd discharge herself, as she's got the whole family coming for Easter. My dad managed to persuade her that we'll manage somehow, and she ought to stay until the doctors think she's OK to leave

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Morning denizens

My mum's in hospital

Ambulance at three into morning, due to uncontrollable rectal bleeding. They got it stopped around seven, but naturally they're keeping her in for further investigation.

My big sis, who lives nearby, is going to see her this afternoon, so I should get more details then. Current thinking is that I leave it until tomorrow, when I'm due down there anyway.

She told the hospital that they'd have to discharge her or she'd discharge herself, as she's got the whole family coming for Easter. My dad managed to persuade her that we'll manage somehow, and she ought to stay until the doctors think she's OK to leave

Hope she's OK and it's nowt more sinister than a touch of farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Hope she's OK and it's nowt more sinister than a touch of farmers.
              Cheers

It's a bit worrying, as they're not the kind to call an ambulance over just anything - more likely to take a paracetamol and assume it'll be better in the morning. So it must have been pretty bad

But fingers crossed and all that. The annoying thing is that, with it being Easter, the hospital probably won't get around to doing any proper tests and what have you until Tuesday

Comment

<-Lizardly, no s for NF & NF's mum.

Comment

Cheers

It's a bit worrying, as they're not the kind to call an ambulance over just anything - more likely to take a paracetamol and assume it'll be better in the morning. So it must have been pretty bad

But fingers crossed and all that. The annoying thing is that, with it being Easter, the hospital probably won't get around to doing any proper tests and what have you until Tuesday
                  Yep, not the best timing.

But seriously, if a teeny hole in my mum's ankle varicose vein could squirt that volume of blood, then I imagine something like that in your posterior region would be pretty terrifying (and messy).

Just off to give her bedroom carpet another clean, but I fear it's a lost cause. Which means trying to locate her home insurance docs, which is probably also a lost cause!

Comment

Morning denizens

My mum's in hospital

That sounds awful NF. Hope it's not serious.

Comment

Well, the hospital are now thinking of letting her go home tonight

It sounds like they're just waiting to see if there's any recurrence now she's been fed, but hopefully she'll be OK.

She appears to be feeling OK in herself: she wants to get home because she's looking forward to the big Chinese meal we're all having tomorrow night

Comment

Working...
                      X