• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    It's not even 12:00 on Teusday yet
    Bah!

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    As its Bank Holiday Friday you could count this as Wednesday if you want
    You see Dave, this is the sort of can do attitude we need around here. Top work HJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Bah!

You see Dave, this is the sort of can do attitude we need around here. Top work HJ.
      I "WFH" on Fridays anyway.
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Since it's a short week this one and next it's probably safe to assume that any posts I make before lunchtime will be in yesterdays pants.

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
          As its Bank Holiday Friday you could count this as Wednesday if you want
          WHJS

Comment

Or SFH - Shirking From Home
            Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
            http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by flamel View Post
              Or SFH - Shirking From Home
              There's a reason I used ""
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Unplanned day off. Mother scratched her leg and the ensuing fountain of blood left her bedroom looking like a scene from Texas chainsaw massacre (actually I've never seen Texas chainsaw massacre, but it looked like what I imagine a scene from said film to look like). This has happened before, but not for a few years - last time her entire flat needed recarpeting, but this time she had sensibly stayed put in the bedroom for damage limitation. By the time I got there, she had a towel wrapped round the leg, with a bandage sock thing over it. I cleaned up the worst of the mess, washed the carpet, washed the carpet again, washed the carpet again, then sat her in the kitchen (lino flooring) to clean her up. Carefully undid bandaging, and couldn't work out where the hole in her leg was, so washed it very carefully, before turning attention to other blood stained leg. Washed it down, and fountain of blood started up again. She'd bandaged the wrong leg. The teeniest hole in her leg, but presumably right on a blood vessel. Sat with finger in the dyke for five minutes till it stopped, stuck a plaster over it to stop her knocking it and to make sure she knew where it was, then cleaned up the kitchen. I can still taste blood now.

Nice day though - might tackle the grass.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Unplanned day off. Mother scratched her leg and the ensuing fountain of blood left her bedroom looking like a scene from Texas chainsaw massacre (actually I've never seen Texas chainsaw massacre, but it looked like what I imagine a scene from said film to look like). This has happened before, but not for a few years - last time her entire flat needed recarpeting, but this time she had sensibly stayed put in the bedroom for damage limitation. By the time I got there, she had a towel wrapped round the leg, with a bandage sock thing over it. I cleaned up the worst of the mess, washed the carpet, washed the carpet again, washed the carpet again, then sat her in the kitchen (lino flooring) to clean her up. Carefully undid bandaging, and couldn't work out where the hole in her leg was, so washed it very carefully, before turning attention to other blood stained leg. Washed it down, and fountain of blood started up again. She'd bandaged the wrong leg. The teeniest hole in her leg, but presumably right on a blood vessel. Sat with finger in the dyke for five minutes till it stopped, stuck a plaster over it to stop her knocking it and to make sure she knew where it was, then cleaned up the kitchen. I can still taste blood now.

Oh dear

Have you taken her to the hospital though? It may not be that obvious, but at that age it might take her body a while to re-generate the lost blood.

Usual symptoms would be dizziness, fatigue and it could be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Weird dream last night, can't actually remember what it was but i remember waking up at 3am and seeing a body on the bed next to me!
                    I have that problem all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

<-Lizardly.

Is she on warfarin?

My grass now has tigers. However my half hour of digging weeds out of the greenhouse has produced a pile of weeds 4 feet square by 3 feet high and knackered me so much that I've sat down & made lunch.

Which was M&S fish, with mash, sprouts, peas, broccoli, pickled onions and beetroot, plus a splash of mayoHeinz Class Salad Cream.

Yum.
                      Last edited by zeitghost; 31 March 2015, 11:40.

Comment

Working...
                      X