• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, look on the bright side, between 1940 and 1945, we had double summer time.

Single summer time in the winter & GMT+2 in the summer.

That's according to wiki.

Must have been great fun.

Then again, I suppose there were other things to worry about.

Comment

Night all.

Sleep tight.

It's the bestest way.

Comment

Evening all

Can't stay long - 6:30 start in the morning :-(

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          Well, look on the bright side, between 1940 and 1945, we had double summer time.

Single summer time in the winter & GMT+2 in the summer.

That's according to wiki.

Must have been great fun.

Then again, I suppose there were other things to worry about.
          And between 1968 and 1971, we stayed on BST the whole time

I vaguely remember that. The concept of changing the time seemed even more confusing to me as a child than it does now.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
            Evening all

Can't stay long - 6:30 start in the morning :-(
            Goodnight

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

My bedroom clock is confused.

It sets the time automagically. It adjusted itself successfully at the weekend. But when my alarm went off at 5:45, the bedroom clock said it was 4:56. Very odd.

It's a silly clock - it's far too bright and lights up the whole room, but as Mr ms bought it as a present I can't just bin it. Instead I wrap a scarf round it to try and reduce the lumens, but it's still much too bright. And now it can't even tell the time.

Comment

Morning denizens

The weather radar app shows a band of rain crossing my path, and predicted to continue there for the duration of my journey to ClientCorp

It's actually dry here at the moment though, so that's something

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Morning denizens

The weather radar app shows a band of rain crossing my path, and predicted to continue there for the duration of my journey to ClientCorp

It's actually dry here at the moment though, so that's something
                    Bright and breezy (blowing a gale) here today. Captured an errant pizza box that was blowing round the station approach and dropped into the provided receptacle, but I suspect it will have made a fresh bid for freedom by now.

Comment

Morning

Blowing a gale here atm, literally.

Typically the only proper hill on the ride into the office was into the wind.
                      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X