• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Leicester. I've been here long enough that I'd automatically type "the poly" if it was DMU
    Careful now, Mr N did his MSc at DMU!
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Well I've found the North Bar and am now savouring a Westmalle Dubbel.

I might have to consider the very small pork pie in front of me as 1st course however...
      Madam, you might want to check your messages in FB regarding staying at NorrB&B
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Careful now, Mr N did his MSc at DMU!
        I'm not dissing it - the fact is when I came here as a student, it was Leicester Polytechnic, so I still think of it as "the poly"

I never agreed with the attitude that universities were somehow superior to polytechnics anyway. They served different purposes: universities were more focused on purely academic studies, whereas polys focused on teaching stuff that was actually useful. Well, except the Fine Art department

Comment

Fry-up for dinner, as it was quick and easy to make and the sausages won't last forever.

Tomorrow, I can get up an hour-and-a-half later than usual and still have time to make a cooked breakfast with the rest of them before walking into town for the geodata thing

Comment

I'm not dissing it - the fact is when I came here as a student, it was Leicester Polytechnic, so I still think of it as "the poly"

I never agreed with the attitude that universities were somehow superior to polytechnics anyway. They served different purposes: universities were more focused on purely academic studies, whereas polys focused on teaching stuff that was actually useful. Well, except the Fine Art department
            I know We have the same in Ireland

Don't start on Arts degrees though

MR N always gives me stick about it, but technically I almosts have 1 and half degrees, I switched halfway through a Genetics degree.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

60 minutes of Cycling and covered 28 kms

Had a 1 hour bath afterwards to relax my muscles with a tonne of sea salts

Lean Chicken breast from local butchers with Mashed sweet potato, creamy leeks and cherry tomatoes

FLC 4 - 0 twat

Comment

Wondering what the odds are that I'll wake up at 6am in the morning despite having no need to and no alarm, just out of habit

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Wondering what the odds are that I'll wake up at 6am in the morning despite having no need to and no alarm, just out of habit
                    When I'm doing early starts I usually find I wake up an hour or so before I need to, regardless of the alarm, look at the time and then go back to sleep. The trick is not dozing off again after switching off the alarm.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Morning all.

Last night's stew was positively mediocre.

It lacked something, meat being the something.

And I forgot to boil the bones, which is the other something.

Comment

Working...
                      X