• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
    God, I'm absolutely bloody fuming. Just had some cheeky twunt of a desktop engineer and a disorganised PM condescend me by attempting to reiterate how my own frigging architecture works. All because I gave them what they ASKED for, and not as it turns out, what they MEANT.
    WALK, on their graves

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      He's starting to get better now, the pain seems to have subsided and he gets out walking every day.

He has a call this week with the surgeon and hopefully they will sign him off so he can start physio.
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

He's starting to get better now, the pain seems to have subsided and he gets out walking every day.

He has a call this week with the surgeon and hopefully they will sign him off so he can start physio.
        Good news

Slow and steady and make sure he listens to the physio!

Does the restaurent do takeaway? We could bring him a doggy bag
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          WALK, on their graves
          Don't forget to extract the livers first.

Wouldn't like those to go to waste.

Comment

Byeeeee

Another tedious day bites the dust.

And there's no NCIS LA to look forward to, last night's was a repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Good news

Slow and steady and make sure he listens to the physio!

Does the restaurent do takeaway? We could bring him a doggy bag
              We've been through this before, so he's doing a little more each day but not overdoing it.

He's gotten used to me going out without him now. Hard to think it's been 5 months.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I know the drill, I keep applying up till my bum's on the seat. Been doing this 10 years and haven't seen a market as bad as this except maybe in 2008 during the credit crunch

The market is tulipe and flooded here, in 6 months I've been put forward for 5 gigs (that I know of).

One website you can see how many people look at each role, the average is 200, within seconds (yes really) of a gig being posted there are 10 replies.
                ouch. needs a very stiff upper lip!

keep going gal!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Woe is me

Stopped off on the way home to see how the Super Monkey Car was getting on. He was just finishing the MOT and took me underneath it to show me about four or five inches of sill, where the driver's seatbelt is anchored, that's pretty much rotted away completely

He showed me how it was all put together, and explained that there's really nothing to hang a repair off. He's got the welding chappy coming in tomorrow and will get him to have a look at it. But I've got a feeling that's just a formality, and it's the end of the road for my beloved Orion.

If it can be fixed, I'll get it fixed, though. Just have to wait and see now.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    ouch. needs a very stiff upper lip!

keep going gal!
                    Not to mention Mr N getting booted off his job as well.

"Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Just heard Art Brut 'fight' on BBC for the footie.

Saw them a few years back at a tiny club in Reading. Haven't heard much from them since, so nice to hear them on prime time telly!

Last edited by mudskipper; 9 March 2015, 19:44.

Comment

Working...
                      X