• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    You are being too harsh on Mr.N, aren't you?

Are the clog-bogs still coming to get the car next week?
    Of course!

Yep
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yes, a very boring standard one - I bought chicken thighs, but forgot to get any ingredients that might be used to make it interesting

Planning to make pollo alla cacciatora (or whatever it's called) next week - a really nice recipe from an Italian cookbook I bought from M&S yonks ago. For some reason I haven't made it in years, even though it's so good, and pretty easy to make too.
      Probably a question for norrahe. Do you use cheap wine in food or an expensive one?

I was once told off for making the french version of hunter's chicken using a cheap wine (£5 a bottle). This fecker sounded like he knew his tulip about food and suggested that one should go for wine that one would normally drink.

Your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Yes, a very boring standard one - I bought chicken thighs, but forgot to get any ingredients that might be used to make it interesting

Planning to make pollo alla cacciatora (or whatever it's called) next week - a really nice recipe from an Italian cookbook I bought from M&S yonks ago. For some reason I haven't made it in years, even though it's so good, and pretty easy to make too.
        I like the boring ones, chicken thighs are great.

Might make a boring one at some point.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          What is a parmo?
          North East delicacy...
          Join IPSE

Comment

Email from Virgin Media tells me how much I'm saving with their unlimited* weekend calls (*limitations apply). Little do they know I'm saving more than that: the phone line hasn't worked since about 2008, so I've saved the cost of every call I might otherwise have made

Actually, they may have fixed it for all I know. It was still broken the last time I plugged a phone into it, but I think that was about 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
              Should have asked Mr N went to uni in Newcastle

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Should have asked Mr N went to uni in Newcastle
                they are more donner pizza oriented up there...
                Join IPSE

Comment

Nothing interesting on TV, so watching Juventus Vs Atalanta

What a boring Friday evening

Comment

Listening to Kieran Halpin's The Rite Hand. Out of twenty or so albums he's recorded, it's the only one that's no longer available. Wonder if he doesn't like it any more, or if it's a legal thing?

Years since I've seen Kieran; last century, in fact, at a pub that isn't there any more. He's a lovely chap

Comment

Code:
                      Nick@NickAir ~$ pip install Queue
                      Downloading/unpacking Queue
                        Real name of requirement Queue is queue
                        Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement Queue
                      Cleaning up...
                      No distributions at all found for Queue
                      Storing debug log for failure in /Users/Nick/.pip/pip.log
                      Nick@NickAir ~$ pip install queue
                      Downloading/unpacking queue
                        Real name of requirement queue is queue
                        Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement queue
                      Cleaning up...
                      No distributions at all found for queue
                      Storing debug log for failure in /Users/Nick/.pip/pip.log
                      Nick@NickAir ~$

Comment

Working...
                      X