• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

: that's group project over for another week.

They've been busy this morning.

Comment

Just been exchanging a TW conversation with the chef of the Duck and Waffle.

Subtly plugging the new blog post which mentions his book and also hopefully getting some recognition from the national magazine which is he now a contributor for.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        is that a six month renewal I see before? Issued early enough that it isn't worth the hassle to see what the market is like....

Comment

Corporate screensaver: "Dare to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way." Me: "**** it, that'll do. Ship it."

Comment

Afternoon!

I think I've gained a stone by eating a Yorkshire pudding pizza last night. I think I added too much garlic to it as I woke up this morning by the thundering dawn of one of my own farts. I, of course as is mandatory with these affairs, blamed GF#1 for the rude awakening.

Emailed an agency - nothing so far but she looked quite fit.

Dependency Injection... is there anything interesting in IT anymore? I think I'm losing the will to live...

Might take a walkie for some wine for tonight. Got GF#1's daughter and boyfriend over tomorrow as well as GF#1's friend and bizarrely, his new girlfriend who is a "professional" psychic. I'm definitely going to test that claim after a bottle of wine!

P: "I see you leading a lonely life from imminent bankruptcy..."
            Me: "Here, have some more wine"
            P: "I see your life full and prosperous as you get a new contract next week..." etc etc
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD View Post
              Afternoon!

I think I've gained a stone by eating a Yorkshire pudding pizza last night. I think I added too much garlic to it as I woke up this morning by the thundering dawn of one of my own farts. I, of course as is mandatory with these affairs, blamed GF#1 for the rude awakening.

Emailed an agency - nothing so far but she looked quite fit.

Dependency Injection... is there anything interesting in IT anymore? I think I'm losing the will to live...

Might take a walkie for some wine for tonight. Got GF#1's daughter and boyfriend over tomorrow as well as GF#1's friend and bizarrely, his new girlfriend who is a "professional" psychic. I'm definitely going to test that claim after a bottle of wine!

P: "I see you leading a lonely life from imminent bankruptcy..."
              Me: "Here, have some more wine"
              P: "I see your life full and prosperous as you get a new contract next week..." etc etc
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

May have to cut back on drinking wine.

With Mr N not drinking as he's on meds, I end up quaffing the lot myself.

Might knock the booze on the head for a bit.

Will start the week after next as I have a whisky tasting to go to.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

The serverspec site has a long page of examples of how to use it. At the top, the maintainer explains that he's written all the examples using an old, deprecated syntax that is known to have serious bugs under certain circumstances.

The reason he's done this is that he prefers it.

He provides no explanation of how to implement the same functionality in the new, recommended, radically different, bug-free syntax.

Some of these open source people need shooting

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                    May have to cut back on drinking wine.

With Mr N not drinking as he's on meds, I end up quaffing the lot myself.

Might knock the booze on the head for a bit.

Will start the week after next as I have a whisky tasting to go to.

Where's the "Do not like" button?

Comment

Afternoon All,

TFIF!

Comment

Working...
                      X