• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Not suity. One of her many problems was anorexia. Which seemed unusual in a 71 year old lady, but perhaps it isn't. She'd been at her sister's funeral and I think it had all got a bit much for her.
    Oh dear! That's sad.

Nice of you to give her company!

Comment

Ordered a take away on the phone for collection. Went to the takeaway and the chef looked at me confused.

After 5 minutes of going through his orders, he was positive I hadn't called. On verifying the number, realized it was a different take away

*Come on Jacky, get a grip.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
        Oh dear! That's sad.

Nice of you to give her company!
        I'm a nice person.

Comment

I'm a nice person.
          I'm sure you are!

Why ?

Comment

Not suity. One of her many problems was anorexia. Which seemed unusual in a 71 year old lady, but perhaps it isn't. She'd been at her sister's funeral and I think it had all got a bit much for her.
            A friend of my father's - male - died due to anorexia in his 70s a couple of years ago. The doctor had advised him to lose weight for the good of his heart, and he became obsessed. After a year or so he'd wasted away to skin and bone, despite the best efforts of his wife and doctor to persuade him that he now needed to eat more, and he collapsed and died one day due to malnutrition.

Not the sort of thing you expect to happen to a normal middle-class man living in retirement in a peaceful village, but it shows it can happen to anyone

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              I'm sure you are!

Why ?

Nice person = soft touch

Comment

After the bitter controversy provoked by last night's gammon and pineapple, I'm going to dial it down tonight and just have soup or an omelette or something

Comment

Upgrade to 1st class on the train home tonight, on account of having befriended a weeping lady who had a panic attack. I did have to listen to her entire life story for over an hour though...
                  Just seen your tweet about it. for Pauline!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Indeedy. Super efficient - brought weeping woman into waiting room, sat her down next to me (thanks ) brought her a cup of tea, spake with guard to get us into first class and saw her onto the train.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      What does "frame a tweet" mean?

Comment

Working...
                      X