• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    In other news I've been put forward for a different gig at ex-clientco at a different site.
    I'll wait and see what turns up
    Fingers crossed

Comment

Home again

The afternoon seemed to go by rather quickly, thanks to my finding something moderately interesting to do.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        By specifying native speaker they are contravening EU discrimination laws, a lot a gigs used to say native until they realised they couldn't.

I've applied for a few more things and actually had a real live pimp call me back about one of the applications.
        Isn't native Dutch speaking one of those violet noises you make while trying to spit/vomit on someone?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Home again

The afternoon seemed to go by rather quickly, thanks to my finding something moderately interesting to do.
          WHat's on for dinner?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
            WHat's on for dinner?
            Haven't thought that far ahead. The Chinese is closed tonight

May go to the chippy. Or I might cook something. I'm really not sure

Comment

Fingers crossed
              I'm not holding my breath as they have an 18 month rule on contractors and I've just come off the back of that. Plus it's a different agent and there is a clause in old contract about not returning via third party for 6 months (we shall see about that )

Comment

Home again

Ditto. Was very surprised when 5:30 arrived. Rewrote a bit of functionality that's been bugging me for a while. Will test it properly tomorrow in the sure knowledge that the users won't.

Comment

Driving along this morning, I glanced down a road I was crossing at the traffic being delayed by the burst water main repairs and thought "I'm glad I don't have to go that way."

This afternoon, another water main has burst at the very spot where I thought that

Now considering my route for tomorrow morning

Comment

I so want to like SJD, but things seem just a little bit too much like hard work at times. You can really tell that e-mails are just turned around ASAP and while I'm sure the core accountancy is sound, there's no real feeling of personal service IMHO.

Just done my FYE and now I have to send my new spreadsheet back again because this one wasn't set up with my extra rows. (Talking of which, are most people able to contain their monthly accounts to 25 line items each month, cos I'm on >30 for Jan and that's fairly quiet. Maybe I just buy too much tulip)

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                      Isn't native Dutch speaking one of those violet noises you make while trying to spit/vomit on someone?
                      Thats Welsh.

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                      X