• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Currently sitting in the lounge at St Pancras as is stupidly booked a specific train thinking my course would finish later.
    I've got and hour to kill
    Champagne bar?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      Champagne bar?
      No. East Midlands lounge. Free crisps

Comment

Well the gig I thought I had has no slipped out of my hands. There is a hiring freeze.
        And the 2nd gig I interviewed for said no

Back to square one
        Bummer

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          About 35 minutes late into the surgery

Mind you, he was overrunning because of giving some patients more than their ten minutes. I don't mind when it's because of that, as it means that if, one day, I'm in need of extra time, I'll get it

Anyway, he reckons the ribs are OK, it's just muscle damage and I should keep taking the ibuprofen until it improves. He also took the opportunity to go over my blood test from the other week, and prescribed allopurinol for the gout. So hopefully that's me sorted out for a bit
          Yaay, welcome to the club

Allopurinol will not necessarily make it worse during the initial few days. In the long term (6 months) you will be free from gout though!

Funny coincidence, this morning my GP reckons I damaged a cartilage/muscle between the ribs near the heart. She advised me to take Indometacin (gout medicine) for it

Comment

I've got a few other things to look into but it's a bit of a pain

Makes room on the TPD bench again
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I'll have to listen to the football on the train instead of watching

Comment

Slow braised pork with cider and some veggies for dinner based on the BBC recipe.

2 portions in my pot and 2 for the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Anyway, he reckons the ribs are OK, it's just muscle damage and I should keep taking the ibuprofen until it improves. He also took the opportunity to go over my blood test from the other week, and prescribed allopurinol for the gout. So hopefully that's me sorted out for a bit
                  BTW, what dosage are you starting on?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
                    BTW, what dosage are you starting on?
                    He's started me on 100mg/day for three months, after which we'll see how it's going.

Comment

Chips, sausages, and beans

Those M&S Gloucester Old Spot sausages are really rather good

Comment

Working...
                      X