• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    You're making me nervous about taking pushing out the sim bit later today to make it smaller.
    If it's a combi SIM, it's meant to do it, and you'll be fine.

My old one was so old that it was when the chip used to be bigger. So when the guy used his little punch to cut it down, it cut through the chip as well. It still worked fine, though - I only changed mine because it had been so easy with MrsF's SIM I thought I'd do the same

Once I actually got the SIM, it was fine though.

(She then broke the Nexus 4 and went back to my Galaxy S2 - so we needed to buy an adapter to convert the now micro-SIM back to being a full size SIM)
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I worked with one company based in Colorado, the b*ggers always used to call just as I was going home and they had just started their day.
      I had an invite this week to join the call between the UK, Australia and Canada. 9pm to midnight UK time.

I politely declined.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        One result in from yesterday and it's s yes. This one is for north west consultants for big IB

Should know the outcome of interview 2 later

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          The birdy song?

Or the Spitting Image version.
          If you insist

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You're making me nervous about taking pushing out the sim bit later today to make it smaller.
            If it's a push-out one, it'll be fine. It's taking an old one and chopping off the unwanted bits with a sharp knife that's a bit dodgy.

Comment

Well, now ClientCorp has actually made the shift to Agile and we've done our Chef training, it seems I have actual work to do, to a schedule

It does make the time go a bit faster, but I'm out of the habit of it.

Still, mustn't grumble, I suppose - it's Friday, so not too bad for easing into it

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                If it's a push-out one, it'll be fine. It's taking an old one and chopping off the unwanted bits with a sharp knife that's a bit dodgy.
                I did that

I didn't use a stencil or anything either, just hacked at it with a swiss army knife. Against all odds, it worked!

Comment

Of course I promptly forgot the sim unlock code for it

That was my German sim, thought I needed to modify it for an iPhone 4 in case I went back to Germany, which I didn't, except for a long weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I have just about come to terms with clientCo's employees almost universally referring to equipment as equipments, but the requirement for my next bit of work is littered with references to equipment's. I think I need to go for a walk.
                    Over here they refer to training as trainings which drives me up the wall.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Over here they refer to training as trainings which drives me up the wall.
                      Sounds a bit Bob-like.

We are doing all your trainings

Comment

Working...
                      X