• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    One result in from yesterday and it's s yes. This one is for north west consultants for big IB

Should know the outcome of interview 2 later

Fingers crossed.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      One result in from yesterday and it's s yes. This one is for north west consultants for big IB

Should know the outcome of interview 2 later
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        New phone is turning up today and having checked my card on the old phone it can be adapted to fit the new one.
        When I got my Nexus 4, I just had the old card punched out by the guy in the high street - but it left jagged bits of chip around the edge because it was an old style card.

When MrsF moved onto my Nexus 4, we went into the T-Mobile shop, asked for a new SIM and they said "there you are, just ring them and they'll swap it over". No problems.

When I was getting my OnePlus, I thought I'd get a new SIM card just to make sure it worked properly. Went down to the T-Mobile shop...

Me: I need a new micro-SIM for my phone, just to swap it over
        T-Mobile twat: why?
        Me: Because I'm getting a new phone, and I've got an old-style SIM card so I need a smaller one. I'm not sure whether it's micro- or nano- I need though.
        T-Mobile twat: Oh, you'll need to know that. I haven't got any nano SIMs
        Me: Well, it's the small one, not the tiny one.
        T-Mobile twat: Dunno
        Me: It's the one that goes in the older iPad but not the really small one for the new ones
        T-Mobile twat: What kind of phone is it?
        Me: OnePlus One
        T-Mobile twat: Never heard of that
        Me: Look, I came in last week for my wife and you just cave me a new SIM card. One of those that can be a big one or a small one
        T-Mobile twat: Oh, you need a combi card. Why didn't you say?
        Me: I didn't know what they were called. Anyway, can I have one of those?
        T-Mobile twat: <gets card>
        Me: If you give me the card, I'll just ring them and change it over
        T-Mobile twat: Is it a personal or business phone?
        Me: Business
        T-Mobile twat: Oh, it's not straightforward doing a business account
        Me: I did it last week for my wife's phone. I just rang them and they swapped it over. If you give me the card, I'll ring them and swap it over
        T-Mobile twat: I'll see if I can do it. What's the number?
        Me: <gives number>
        T-Mobile twat: What's your password?
        Me: Oh I don't know it off hand. I'll have to ask at work
        T-Mobile twat: Oh. I'll have to give you the card, and you'll have to ring them. It's not straightforward though.

When the phone arrived, I rang them and it switched over there and then.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Snip out the complete waste of Faq's time and another reason not to useT-mobile by the sounds of it.
          When I got my new phone and gave my old one to Mrs P she just popped into the O2 store and said "I need a new sim for one of these" They provided one FOC, she texted SWAP on her old and then gave them the new sim number. Bingo bongo. All sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            When I got my Nexus 4, I just had the old card punched out by the guy in the high street - but it left jagged bits of chip around the edge because it was an old style card.

When MrsF moved onto my Nexus 4, we went into the T-Mobile shop, asked for a new SIM and they said "there you are, just ring them and they'll swap it over". No problems.

When I was getting my OnePlus, I thought I'd get a new SIM card just to make sure it worked properly. Went down to the T-Mobile shop...

Me: I need a new micro-SIM for my phone, just to swap it over
            T-Mobile twat: why?
            Me: Because I'm getting a new phone, and I've got an old-style SIM card so I need a smaller one. I'm not sure whether it's micro- or nano- I need though.
            T-Mobile twat: Oh, you'll need to know that. I haven't got any nano SIMs
            Me: Well, it's the small one, not the tiny one.
            T-Mobile twat: Dunno
            Me: It's the one that goes in the older iPad but not the really small one for the new ones
            T-Mobile twat: What kind of phone is it?
            Me: OnePlus One
            T-Mobile twat: Never heard of that
            Me: Look, I came in last week for my wife and you just cave me a new SIM card. One of those that can be a big one or a small one
            T-Mobile twat: Oh, you need a combi card. Why didn't you say?
            Me: I didn't know what they were called. Anyway, can I have one of those?
            T-Mobile twat: <gets card>
            Me: If you give me the card, I'll just ring them and change it over
            T-Mobile twat: Is it a personal or business phone?
            Me: Business
            T-Mobile twat: Oh, it's not straightforward doing a business account
            Me: I did it last week for my wife's phone. I just rang them and they swapped it over. If you give me the card, I'll ring them and swap it over
            T-Mobile twat: I'll see if I can do it. What's the number?
            Me: <gives number>
            T-Mobile twat: What's your password?
            Me: Oh I don't know it off hand. I'll have to ask at work
            T-Mobile twat: Oh. I'll have to give you the card, and you'll have to ring them. It's not straightforward though.

When the phone arrived, I rang them and it switched over there and then.
            You're making me nervous about taking pushing out the sim bit later today to make it smaller.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Oi, who stole the sun?

It was lovely and sunny and now its all foggy again. Really thick fog.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I have just about come to terms with clientCo's employees almost universally referring to equipment as equipments, but the requirement for my next bit of work is littered with references to equipment's. I think I need to go for a walk.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I have just about come to terms with clientCo's employees almost universally referring to equipment as equipments, but the requirement for my next bit of work is littered with references to equipment's. I think I need to go for a walk.
                  Room 101 for MS!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    If you have female children the phrase "Let it Go" will cure that for you. If you don't try agadoo (should be of a suitable era).
                    The birdy song?

Or the Spitting Image version.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      Morning
                      Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Working...
                      X