• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Getting there. For some reason I can walk upstairs but not down. Don't cows have the same problem?

I've got it all strapped up anyway but cabin fever is setting in bigtime.
    Walk down will be worse as you extend your ankle and put weight through from the toes. Walking up you can take the weight through the heel.

It'll sort itself out soon

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
      Walk down will be worse as you extend your ankle and put weight through from the toes. Walking up you can take the weight through the heel.

It'll sort itself out soon
      Cheers. Hope so. Feeling a bit guilty that Mrs P is having to do all the dog walking in crap weather whilst I'm sat on my arse.

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

It's peeing down here and very windy.

Which means I'm sat in a draft and it sounds like there's a ghost in here because the window whines.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Will try and wfh tomorrow I think...

Comment

My hands are bloody freezing because they are in the draught.
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Hmm - that made me think.

Draft or draught?
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Hmm - that made me think.

Draft or draught?
                  Draught I think. Draft is for drawings.

When ms#3 was tiny, Mr ms's landlord said something about the draughts. Ended up with ms#3 thinking he kept giraffes in his shed. As he was a vet it was quite believable to a two year old.

Comment

Car's finally home!

Full service didn't half add a bit on to the cost. Turned out it needed a new battery among other things - about the only bit I could have replaced myself

Now I need to find the manual so I can determine how to set the clock

Anyway, it's here and appears to be working. I've now parked the two of them backed up to within about two inches of the fence, and about five inches apart from each other, tank to tank. If the worthless scrotes come back, they'll have a hard time getting near enough to do it again. Well, I hope so
                    Last edited by NickFitz; 15 January 2015, 19:02.

Comment

Just to add to the general joy in my life at the moment, I managed to trip over on the way to get the car, and bruised my elbow and ribs quite badly. There's a few yards near the car place where really bright street lights from the nearby inner ring road shine over the top of a building, and are quite dazzling; and just at that point is a small step or kerb, a couple of inches high, and I tripped over the damn thing.

Ah well, I managed to avoid landing on my face, which is something to be thankful for, I suppose

Comment

Working...
                      X