• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the old permie co that got in contact no thinks I don't have the skills they are looking for. Now considering I wrote the main system I find it a bit strange.
    Still I'm not too fused

Comment

Byeeeeee

The murrain of beasts is particularly heavy this afternoon.

I suspect I shall get wet.

Ho hum.

Comment

Oh FFS

Car still isn't ready

They fitted the new tank, but the fuel isn't flowing properly or something - he reckons they've trapped one of the hoses, or some such, when they put it back on. So now he's got to take it off again, and check the hoses haven't been damaged, and put it on again properly; and there isn't time today

I made the mistake of telling him I wouldn't be able to get it until teatime, so I reckon he left it until the afternoon, figuring there'd be plenty of time - which there would have been if not for the cockup.

I suspect he'll be doing it first thing in the morning, just to be certain. He will if he's got any sense, anyway. He's been giving the poor thing bed and board for getting on a fortnight now, and I assume he wants to see the back of it and get some money off me

Ho hum

Comment

well...theres a thing....

Agency email..."We've been having a bit of a tidy up and it seems that we didnt get 2 references from you, can you now provide for us to follow up over the last 2-3 years?"

This now almost 4 months into the gig...
          Join IPSE

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post

Agency email..."We've been having a bit of a tidy up and it seems that we didnt get 2 references from you, can you now provide?"

Ask your current client for one

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Ask your current client for one
              erm...exactly
              Join IPSE

Comment

Agency email..."We've been having a bit of a tidy up and it seems that we didnt get 2 references from you, can you now provide for us to follow up over the last 2-3 years?"

But really, why would I entertain this now? You've missed the boat pet...
                Join IPSE

Comment

ha, deleted thread
                  Join IPSE

Comment

ha, deleted thread
                    ohh the irony....
                    Join IPSE

Comment

ha, deleted thread