• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
    Talking of which, it's chilli for tea. Made with venison, bit of leftover bacon and loads of dried beans (butter, cannelini, kidney and pinto i think) plus some chillies from the greenhouse. Trouble with greenhouse chillies is I grow different types and then forget which is which when they're in a freezer bag
    Sounds tasty.

Mine is beef n' beer stew with some rather nice aged beef, carrots, celery, onions, garlic, porcini and tulipake mushrooms. Cooked it last might, so all I need to do today is re-heat and boil some spuds to accompany it.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

I think it's cocktail hour....
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Wondering if I ought to report this fuel theft shenanigans to my insurance company.

I don't want to make a claim, and by all accounts they often use a loophole to get out of paying for this sort of thing (the fuel tank counts as being outside the vehicle, and they only insure stuff left inside - gits), but then again, not reporting it is the kind of thing they'd use to weasel out of a legitimate claim for some entirely unrelated incident at a later date
        They'll increase your premium.

Comment

Bugger

Bit short notice, but that's the way it goes, I suppose. On the bright side, you weren't overly enthusiastic about it, were you?
          Thats right, I wasn't keen on it. 5 developers working on a 20 year old code base with no source control.

Lucks like I might have dodged a bullet

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            tulipake mushrooms.
            Snigger

Comment

Im close to getting a couple of bottles out and cracking on with family fajitas

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Snigger

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                  Im close to getting a couple of bottles out and cracking on with family fajitas
                  Well my neck has loosened up sufficiently thanks to my cocktail, now all I need to do is open up the vino.

Stew is warming, will put the spuds on once the beasties has been fed, apparently I'm 4 mins late with tea.

NorPussII sat behind me on the sofa flicking his tail in my face every time I took a sip.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

As long as you enjoyed it
                    zen

chury

om

cat on lap so 1 finger typing

Comment

Wondering if I ought to report this fuel theft shenanigans to my insurance company.
                      your premium will go up.

p.s. you should also inform the ins co for the other car if it's different.

I wouldn't bother.

Comment

Working...
                      X