• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Ok, one thing I have learned is to add a tad more just in case you fancy doing something extra.

I don't know how many times I have gone with summat that looks affordable and then ended up spending more at a restaurant. Just plan for extras you might like just in case.
    You can use credit cards and maestro everywhere, not sure if you guys use maestro debit in the UK, in mainland Europe you don't have to worry about having native cash any more as you can use maestro.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

And it turns out doing a natural-language analysis of an entire novel, taking about ten minutes, isn't really suitable for a test case

Luckily my experience of writing an epub parser has allowed me to cut it down manually to a couple of chapters, which is more than enough to work with
      Last edited by NickFitz; 17 October 2014, 23:23. Reason: Damned autocorrect :roll eyes:

Comment

OK, that's working

Next up: a beer and a film, I think

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Ok, one thing I have learned is to add a tad more just in case you fancy doing something extra.

I don't know how many times I have gone with summat that looks affordable and then ended up spending more at a restaurant. Just plan for extras you might like just in case.
            Don't really want to go over £500. Seems a tad extravagant for a weekend away.

Comment

Morning All
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Tests started failing. Turns out Project Gutenberg's servers had noticed that I was repeatedly downloading a file, often several times within a couple of seconds, and was redirecting to a CAPTCHA to make sure it was dealing with a human; which, of course, it wasn't

As there's no earthly reason to keep downloading the file each time I run the test suite now I know the download code works, I've set the test suite to skip the download tests. If I ever see the need to re-enable them, I'll set up a file locally that I can download instead.

Hope Project Gutenberg's servers aren't too annoyed with me for failing to follow their robot-rate-limiting rules
                That's bad ass man

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Don't really want to go over £500. Seems a tad extravagant for a weekend away.
                  Sometimes you just have to live a little.

Tbh, I should be watching the pennies meself as I spent waaaaay more than anticipated in Froggers.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning All
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Good Morning All.

Apparently today is clearout all pondy's crap from the attic day. WTF is the point of an attic if it's not to store old crap you're never going to use again.

My prediction: The word "Fine!" will be used before lunchtime by all parties involved.

Comment

Working...
                      X