• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Good film
    Not bad at all, very well done.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Not bad at all, very well done.
      I like the way he almost dies of it before the month is out

Comment

Just got the DVD of The Baader Meinhof Complex - might watch that this evening.

Comment

Haven't seen it.

I have been known to eat 3 big macs in a sitting during my formative years.

These days I'm a little more restrained - it's a single big mac and a cheeseburger (and fries), although it's not all unheard of to have that for lunch, then get home and Mr ms suggests MaccyD's - and given I don't want to fess up that I have stuffed my face at lunchtime, I repeat the meal at dinner time.

Comment

A blatant lie!

(My food photography efforts!)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              Haven't seen it.
              tis quite scary, worth a watch.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Roast beef and gravy sandwich for dinner

Probably less healthy than a Big Mac - at least that has some vegetable matter in it, I'm given to understand

Comment

Mushroom soup, rolls and lots of chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    tis quite scary, worth a watch.
                    I thought it was less scaremongering but does make you think.

There were some interesting bits about the marketing and I remember all the adds growing up. But I lived in a small village in the middle of nowhere so I was about 8 when I first experienced macdonalds. The nearest maccy d's was in Dublin so when we happened to be in the big capital for some reason or another my parent took us there as a treat. I remember being very disappointed as it wasn't quite what was as expected in the adverts and the food was awful. Probably why I never bothered with them again.

You have to understand growing up I didn't have supermarkets, or take out, it was all home cooked food so when someone brought home something as exotic as a pot noodle ( yes seriously) or some of those tinned pies. I know I sound like I lived in the middle ages but the local shops didn't stock this sort of stuff and the nearest supermarket was 70 miles away.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In other news Documentairy about one of my fave comedians Dave Allen

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X