• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Trying to understand why anyone would go to Oz, considering even the trees are out to get you.
    Mainly because of this

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      Mainly because of this
      I think that is available elsewhere in equally nice places such as Italy...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Nest is now installed, finally!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Still waiting for the steak to tun up.

I'm hungry.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Still waiting for the steak to tun up.

I'm hungry.
            Turned up

Am going old school and pan roasting it.

Hope it tastes alright.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Generic system info stuff, or application specific?

These kinda scripts must be 10 a penny, I have a few that I have knocked up (for the SysInfo stuff) but that might be a bit basic for you, it uses PS tools
              Some standard VMware stuff happens to create a VM, involving getting the IP address from an IPAM database, among other things, then a Host record is created in another DNS management system using its REST(ish) API, then various aspects of all that are combined with assorted bits of ClientCorp-specific stuff and used via another (barely RESTful at all) API to create a record in a change management system, or something. So lots of proprietary stuff and ClientCorp-specific processes mixed in with a load of bog standard bits, and my stuff is the thread that pulls it all together.

Well, that's the theory

Comment

Home via the car's last fill-up before we knock off for Christmas

I went into Sainsbury's out of habit, as I was there anyway. Grabbed a basket and wandered up and down a couple of aisles before realising that, due to doing a big shop at the weekend, I didn't actually need anything

So I bought some discounted ale and Digestive biscuits and came home

Comment

Called into Morrisons and spent a fortune on Amazon vouchers.

Then bought a new telly with said vouchers and gave Mrs Eek the very large petrol discount voucher..
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

MyCo has ordered me a laptop backpack. I will pass it to mr ms to wrap up and stick a label with my name on for Christmas. I'm getting him a watch he wants, which is a bit annoying as I had thought I might buy him a nice watch for our silver anniversary next year. Might have to get him an Audi A4 as he wants and needs a new car, so if I buy him one, he'll feel really, really, really guilty about forgetting (which he is bound to do, as his mother is no longer around to remind him)

Comment

Today's accident was in central Nottingham, on the way home. I think it involved a motorcyclist, as there was a bike on the pavement right by the back door of the ambulance, also on the pavement, and it must have been put there after the patient had been taken inside, presumably by the copper who was poking his head through the back door.

I thought I saw a lot of accidents when I commuted daily along the M1 to Northampton for a year, but that's got nothing on the A roads between here and Nottingham. I think I see an average of two or three a week

Comment

Working...
                      X