• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aha!

Gotcha!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Aha!

Gotcha!

Zen.

Chury.

Om.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        New task: script to gather various bits of information about some virtual machines, to be posted to an HTTP API.

Minor problem: I don't have access rights to any of the virtual machines whose information I'm supposed to gather
        Generic system info stuff, or application specific?

These kinda scripts must be 10 a penny, I have a few that I have knocked up (for the SysInfo stuff) but that might be a bit basic for you, it uses PS tools
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
          only does one room. I'm going for heatgenius instead (which adds a thermostat to each radiator)..

In other news about to spend £600 buying youngest eek twin a professional flute. Its the one her music teacher has got, she's continually commented how lovely it is and there is one cheap on ebay .

Also its sounds far nicer than her current one..
          I know.

We don't have thermostats in the rest of the house so the normal one in the living room will do.
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

My mate now lives in Oz.

He's just sent me a photo of a spider he caught.

It was 4 inches across.

And mightily pissed off.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              My mate now lives in Oz.

He's just sent me a photo of a spider he caught.

It was 4 inches across.

And mightily pissed off.
              Probably a Huntsman, not too dangerous.

Comment

It's the little ones you want to watch out for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Probably a Huntsman, not too dangerous.
                  But pretty scary to an unwary Brit.

Worked in Oz for 3 weeks a few years back - we had one of them in our rented house. Got kitted up with rubber gloves, long sleeved coat, spaghetti jar and big bit of card. Drank a bottle of wine to prepare ourselves, then tackled it. Feck me, those bastids can move! Drank more wine, went out for a smoke, then decided to do the damsel in distress act and knock on rather dishy neighbour's door. He came to our rescue - we showed him our array of spider removal kit and asked him what he needed. "Just my shoe" he said. When he'd finished, it looked like someone had blown their brains out against the bathroom tile. We shared our (third) bottle of wine with him as a thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    But pretty scary to an unwary Brit.
                    True, but these little buggers scare me a lot more.

Comment

Trying to understand why anyone would go to Oz, considering even the trees are out to get you.

Comment

Working...
                      X