• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Around 80% of the permies have left for an off-site year-end thing, where they will watch departmental videos they've made about how wonderful they are, or something.

I suspect most of them went either because they get a free ride on a hired bus and a packed lunch, or because their boss "would like it if" they went

Quite peaceful in here now

It's their Xmas party tonight. I don't know if I'm invited or not, but either way I won't be attending
      This post makes me very glad I'm a contractor.

I walked into Clientco canteen today, only to discover that it's the Christmas meal. Turned around and walked out. I'm not a scrooge but if they can't even cook an omelette I'm not going to trust them with turkey.

Comment

Luckily for me clientco's christmas party is next friday, but luckily clientco will be ex-clientco as I hand my pass in on Thursday

Comment

There was sommat odd wrong with my scotch egg this lunchtime.

The little hole in the meat should have been a warning, plus the amount water in the packet last night.

I think I'll have to throw all 4 away.

Ho hum.

Cut it in half & the eggie bit was odd.

Put half in my mouth and though it tasted ok, it was definitely odd.

So spat it out.

Ho hum.

More money (£1.29) down the drain.

<ZG in "I'm not made of money" mode>

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            Afternoon all
            Afternoon

Comment

Here we have the VC's Xmas dinner (tomorrow IIRC) and the VC's Xmas concert for which you have to fork out £10 & go to fecking Carmarthen to endure.

I ignore it all.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Here we have the VC's Xmas dinner (tomorrow IIRC) and the VC's Xmas concert for which you have to fork out £10 & go to fecking Carmarthen to endure.

I ignore it all.
                Clientco xmas lunch was yesterday. I joined a group of contractors who went to Pizza hut (they do pepsi max with vanilla which makes it worthwhile).
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There was sommat odd wrong with my scotch egg this lunchtime.

The little hole in the meat should have been a warning
                  Thankfully there was nothing wriggley inside.

Comment

Well just as well I'm not traveling to the xmas do.

Weather is pretty grim and guaranteed flight cancellations and also eek and Simac are trying to encourage a certain eeejit to come as well.
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Thankfully there was nothing wriggley inside.
                      Of course not, you'd already eaten it.

You're welcome

Comment

Working...
                      X