• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No, I've already done the "confidential corporate information" course
    Just had an email from Client Co. manager man moaning that no-one actually read their article in the corporate email newsletter and asking for ideas for how to get them to do so.

In fairness the article was related to an important security related issue and clearly marked as something that needed to be read. I suspect the newsletter never even got opened in most cases.

Does anyone read their client co. corporate newsletters / emails?
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Just had an email from Client Co. manager man moaning that no-one actually read their article in the corporate email newsletter and asking for ideas for how to get them to do so.

In fairness the article was related to an important security related issue and clearly marked as something that needed to be read. I suspect the newsletter never even got opened in most cases.

Nope, they're deleted as soon as I see them arrive due to the ridiculously tiny inbox size that they refuse to increase

Comment

It would have made more sense to send it as a separate email if it's that important. I think people are more likely to read something that arrives at an unexpected time with a specific subject line (such as "IMPORTANT: Read this or be SACKED IMMEDIATELY"), whereas "ClientCorp Newsletter #2345" arriving on schedule at 15:30 on Thursday afternoon isn't even going to register with somebody who's been there more than a couple of weeks.

Comment

Look at the state of this sentence:
          The following resources are platform resources (i.e. “are available from the chef-client directly and do not require a cookbook”):

WTF is wrong with writing something like:
          The following resources are built-in to the chef-client and don't need a cookbook:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Look at the state of this sentence:
            The following resources are platform resources (i.e. “are available from the chef-client directly and do not require a cookbook”):

WTF is wrong with writing something like:
            The following resources are built-in to the chef-client and don't need a cookbook:

It would only make sense if the rest of the document afterwards refers to platform resources and doesn't ry and repeat the definition every time.
            "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

DJ Earworm

Just stumbled across this. Basically the guy takes the biggest 25+ tracks of the year and mashes them up into one track/video. Not really my type of music but the guy has talent IMHO. He does one for summer and one at the end of the year.

Enjoy (or not)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjYWwZYLYEs

Comment

Comment

It would only make sense if the rest of the document afterwards refers to platform resources and doesn't ry and repeat the definition every time.
                  I suppose if they're trying to define the term "platform resources" then they could have gone with:
                  The following resources are called "platform resources" as they are built-in to the chef-client and don't need a cookbook:

or similar.

As a rule of thumb, I'd suggest that if you have to explain what your sentence means by putting the bit containing the meaning in quotes, inside parentheses, prefixed by "i.e.", then you should probably assume you've gone wrong somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Around 80% of the permies have left for an off-site year-end thing, where they will watch departmental videos they've made about how wonderful they are, or something.

I suspect most of them went either because they get a free ride on a hired bus and a packed lunch, or because their boss "would like it if" they went

Quite peaceful in here now

It's their Xmas party tonight. I don't know if I'm invited or not, but either way I won't be attending

Comment

Working...
                      X