• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Your timing of that question is spot on.

1. Boyos turn up to install but fails due to crap earthing.
    2. Electrician turns up and says I need a PME installed... call western power
    3. Western power turn up same day. Refuse to install PME as water + gas pipes not earthed.
    4. Electrician comes back and earths water/gas pipes.
    today...
    5. WP turn up and install PME - house now properly earthed
    6. Electrician turns up, connects PME, does some checks, all good
    7. takes off old hob to discover a complete ballsack of wiring. spends half the day redoing it.
    8. Connects up shiny new induction hob to shiney new wiring and IT DOESN'T FIT IN THE STUPID FCKING HOLE!! Despite having the same "dimensions" as the old one.

So yes, I have a new working induction hob but it's positioned at an offset across the corners of the original hole in the worktop until I or someone competent gets the drimmel out.
    I had the same problem with mine, the eejits cut the wrong size hole, despite me giving them the specific measurements, a copy of the spec etc.. and I had to wait several days before someone came and sorted it.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

More perfect timing. Boyo who does "stuff" when I need it will come round on monday to make the hole ever so slightly bigger for the princely sum of £20
      nice one!

And on that note it's cocktail hour, followed by beer o' clock

And I best get on with me pies.
      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        nice one!

And on that note it's cocktail hour, followed by beer o' clock

And I best get on with me pies.
        Ooooh it's fast. Full-ish pan of water from cold to rolling in 2 mins.

Comment

Home!

And better still: weekend!!!

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I hate to think what my arteries are like.
            I got to have a good look at mine four years ago last Wednesday. Most of them were fine - just one that was a problem

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I got to have a good look at mine four years ago last Wednesday. Most of them were fine - just one that was a problem
              Are you fully recovered now?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Are you fully recovered now?
                Yes thanks - I've been fine ever since

Comment

Oops - just checked, and it was four years ago today

Could have sworn it was the 26th, but http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...l-delayed.html was posted on the Monday, so apparently not

That means that, exactly four years ago, I'd been in the ambulance for six minutes

Comment

Ooooh it's fast. Full-ish pan of water from cold to rolling in 2 mins.
                    How big is the pan?

I get that time with summat like 5 litres

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Home!

And better still: weekend!!!
                      What's on the menu?

Summat from the chippy or bacon related?

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X