• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm, haven't had a confirmation e-mail regarding the steak order, it should be turning up this evening.

Need to order a deep fryer, so I can cook some chips properly.
    Last edited by norrahe; 25 November 2014, 12:35.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

Fecking clueless 1st year esteemed customers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Have they blown anything up yet?
        Join IPSE

Comment

Is there any other kind?
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Latest batch of soda bread is very nice indeed! Think I've nailed my recipe.

Speaking of recipes more nonsense posted about food on the blog.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

WZGS

Comment

Well today is turning into a whole series of First world problems

#1. Boyos turned up to install my new induction hob but the wiring failed the Earth loop impedance test. They said I need a real sparky to have a looky. Quick ring round for a recommended one. Phone up, he pops round within an hour and tells me I need to to connect the switch box to a PME but that I need leccy board to do it. He gives me their number and runs a cable from the box to where they will connect it. Doesn't ask for any money! Phoned Western distribution who are sending someone round this afternoon. Again, no callout charge. No hassle to me since I'm WFH.

#2. Desktop won't post/boot for some reason. Just a couple of 'ticks' then nowt.

Nothing is ever simple. Which is why I fill with dread whenever Mrs P suggests any sort of DIY. I don't mind the DIY bit, it's the dealing with whatever clusterfck that was papered over by the previous occupants.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                  Well today is turning into a whole series of First world problems

#1. Boyos turned up to install my new induction hob but the wiring failed the Earth loop impedance test. They said I need a real sparky to have a looky. Quick ring round for a recommended one. Phone up, he pops round within an hour and tells me I need to to connect the switch box to a PME but that I need leccy board to do it. He gives me their number and runs a cable from the box to where they will connect it. Doesn't ask for any money! Phoned Western distribution who are sending someone round this afternoon. Again, no callout charge. No hassle to me since I'm WFH.

#2. Desktop won't post/boot for some reason. Just a couple of 'ticks' then nowt.

Nothing is ever simple. Which is why I fill with dread whenever Mrs P suggests any sort of DIY. I don't mind the DIY bit, it's the dealing with whatever clusterfck that was papered over by the previous occupants.
                  I've got to the point now where I'm prepared to pay someone else to dealt with the hassle on my behalf. I can do it, I just prefer not to.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Nothing is ever simple. Which is why I fill with dread whenever Mrs P suggests any sort of DIY. I DO mind the DIY bit, it's the dealing with whatever clusterfck that was papered over by the previous occupants.
                    We had the same problems with the new house, it wasn't just the tulipe DIY it was the fact they used cheap materials to do it.

I ended up paying 4K just to have the house rewired as the feckwhits had not earthed anything and lots of the wires had burnt, if we had left it any longer we would have had a pretty nasty house fire.

After my first house in London I vowed never to carry out DIY again , just pay someone to come in and do it properly.
                    Last edited by norrahe; 25 November 2014, 13:28.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

In other news, gig I was up for is a no go, as apparently they wanted someone with SAP experience.

Put it in the bleedin' advert if that's what you're looking for!

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X