• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have spent the last two days very slowly and painfully redoing all the system's CSV reports because, apparently, the cloggies and froggies use a semi-colon separator.
    Most of them were very lazily thrown together (mostly by me) so it's a real PITA.

Feck knows what'll happen to them now when I feed them to HyperD's excel munger.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      I have spent the last two days very slowly and painfully redoing all the system's CSV reports because, apparently, the cloggies and froggies use a semi-colon separator.
      Most of them were very lazily thrown together (mostly by me) so it's a real PITA.

Feck knows what'll happen to them now when I feed them to HyperD's excel munger.

I find tab separation solves all those problems (and creates a far more entertaining one when you follow on with the next request and change the file suffix to .tsv from .csv).
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        I find tab separation solves all those problems (and creates a far more entertaining one when you follow on with the next request and change the file suffix to .tsv from .csv).
        Well my shiny new method means that with a little config change they can use as a separator if they so desire.

Comment

Well the steaks I ordered turned up, they were frozen.

Am well fecking unhappy!

So will need to find a different supplier as I hate it when everything is pre-frozen!
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Well my shiny new method means that with a little config change they can use as a separator if they so desire.
            Yep that's what the batch script now has. It also has one for end of record as some of the fields are text blobs that have carrage returns and new line tulip in them. I used as the end of record flag but someone complained...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Permie's at ClientCo have succumbed and stopped acknowledging every time I sneeze, I think it was the 17th in the space of 25 mins was the straw that broke the camels back!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Fark.

This ultrasonic receiver thingie is driving I batchy.

It must be said that it doesn't take much.

Comment

Tried mounting 4 transducers at right angles to each other and all connected in series.

It sort of works, but not much betterer than the single transducer.

Unimpressive, all in all.

Comment

Maybe 6 would be better, as in a sphere.

I shall try that tomorrow.

On which happy note:

Byeeeeeee

Another tedious day over.

And I had to take a dump in the most awkward bog it's ever been my misfortune to use.

Space constraints seem to have made it necessary to lean against the wall to get a sheet of lavatory paper & wipe one's arse.

Or it wasn't designed for lizards with broad shoulders.

Comment

Trying a new hotel this evening - from the website it appears to have a nice menu

Comment

Working...
                      X