• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And with that, I'm off to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      .Net
      There's your problem!

For good measure, I've added to my css
      Code:
          td
          {
              border-color: black !important;
          }
      It's still green. Or red.

I hope you only use !important for testing and such. Every time !important is used in production code, God annihilates an entire galaxy of kittens

What does the CSS panel in devtools say? (Chrome, or Safari: I find the devtools in IE virtually unusable, and never really use the FF ones, so can't say how reliable they are these days.) Is there something way up the inheritance chain that's also using !important, and comes after the one in your stylesheet? Framework styles that get semi-secretly imported at weird locations in the page can cause a lot of problems that way.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        There's your problem!

I hope you only use !important for testing and such. Every time !important is used in production code, God annihilates an entire galaxy of kittens

What does the CSS panel in devtools say? (Chrome, or Safari: I find the devtools in IE virtually unusable, and never really use the FF ones, so can't say how reliable they are these days.) Is there something way up the inheritance chain that's also using !important, and comes after the one in your stylesheet? Framework styles that get semi-secretly imported at weird locations in the page can cause a lot of problems that way.
        Nope, it's my only !important and only to try and make the bloody thing work. As it hasn't, it'll go

Anyway, gonna wrap a span round it and colo(u)r that. Horrible and hacky, but wasted too much time on it already, and seems to be the conclusion that everyone who's asked the question on stackoverflow has come to. Using clientCo machine which is IE - the thing's got to run in IE at the end of the day.

Comment

Oh, and

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Feels much better, not having to get up when it's still dark and venture outside

Comment

Anyway, gonna wrap a span round it and colo(u)r that. Horrible and hacky, but wasted too much time on it already, and seems to be the conclusion that everyone who's asked the question on stackoverflow has come to. Using clientCo machine which is IE - the thing's got to run in IE at the end of the day.
                Make sure you leave a comment blaming everything on Microsoft, for whoever comes next

Comment

Morning all

Working this weekend

Comment

Afternoon
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Morning morning!

I'm trying to resist the urge to spend another bunch of hours setting up my fancy new lab/dev/test/demo/whatever environment but I left it with an issue, so no doubt I'll be back up there in half an hour banging my head against a brick wall.

Comment

Working...
                      X