• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    I work in InfoSec and client B had me doing 3 seperate mandatory training courses on it. I couldn't even skip straight to the quiz at the end cos it was an annoying "wait till we finish showing you this text line by line before you can click <next>" affair.

Still, all billable time.
    Some of these offer the option to try your luck at the assessment in a kind of "come on if you think you're hard enough" tone. I gave it a go with the money laundering one, and got 7/10 - the pass mark was 8/10, and one of the questions was asking for the name of a specific compliance officer in the company, so that was nearly as good as a pass

I still had to go back and do the course properly though

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      My thing worked

ClientCorp manager is extremely chuffed
      Now that I've proved that I can make an HTTP POST from the browser that causes something to happen, the true context has been revealed: it's going to be running in an automated workflow thingy, using some VMWare tool that in turn uses Mozilla Rhino, which in its turn uses LiveConnect, the JavaScript->Java bridge that originated in Netscape Navigator 2 back around 1996

I first used that in 1997. The second time I used it was in 2009. Nice to see it turning up all this time later, and rather amusing that I'll be able to put it on my CV again for 2015

Comment

Some of these offer the option to try your luck at the assessment in a kind of "come on if you think you're hard enough" tone. I gave it a go with the money laundering one, and got 7/10 - the pass mark was 8/10, and one of the questions was asking for the name of a specific compliance officer in the company, so that was nearly as good as a pass

I did a school governance one a while back and scored worse the more of the course I sat through...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Ah, a bit like the microsoft exams...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            It was on, but I can't honestly say I watched it.

Just not the same without Patrick Moore.

Downloading it now. I think it'll be the first time I've watched it since Mr Moore died.

Comment

One of the BBC iPlayer chaps was at BarCamp London X the other month, telling us stuff about it. Apparently, when you request a programme, the central server can tell if there are people "near" you (in terms of the Internet's topology) who already have it, and will direct your player to get it from them via peer-to-peer networking, similar to BitTorrent

Conversely, other people may be getting programmes from you.

It makes it work faster for you at the same time as reducing the strain at their end, so it's a win-win

Comment

I see Anonymous have taken over the KKK's Twitter account

I wonder if Twitter are working hard to get it back for them, or if something important has come up that means they can't get to it right now

Comment

…LiveConnect, the JavaScript->Java bridge that originated in Netscape Navigator 2 back around 1996
                  Speaking of Java and 1996, some guy called Larry Page was asking for help with a Java web bot he was writing: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...U/ushhUIQQ-ogJ

Comment

I see Anonymous have taken over the KKK's Twitter account

I wonder if Twitter are working hard to get it back for them, or if something important has come up that means they can't get to it right now
                    Thats a "Fail Whale" if ever that needed one
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Speaking of Java and 1996, some guy called Larry Page was asking for help with a Java web bot he was writing: https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...U/ushhUIQQ-ogJ
                      Hmm, think he was wasting his time. That would never amount to anything

Comment

Working...
                      X