• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting to enjoy this bench lark, pilates in the morning then met with a mate for lunch.
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
      Got meself a barbary duck in the market today.

Planning to take the legs off so I can confit them sous vide stylee.

Will just roast the rest of the duck as Normal. Bloke on the veg stall has given me some spuds that may work as roasters.
      Nice!

I used to love the confit duck leg at Peter Chandler's Paris House. It's very sad that he died, as it was our favourite place for special family meals - we'd book the private room on the first floor.

Rudolf Hess stayed there for a while during the war, but that was before Mr Chandler's time and I doubt the food was so good.

Comment

I did confit duck normally the last time as it wasn't as nice as confiting it sous vide.

Besides Mr N is most dismayed I don't use the toy he bought me enough. So there might be some Sous viding in the next few weeks.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Have also got myself a ticket to see La Boheme in a few weeks, will be going alone as its doubtful that Mr N's back will have been sorted as the rate the cloggy health service is going.

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
            I would only for the vast majority of the attendees being cloggy and not liking anything spicy. Maybe if I doused it in sugar they might like it.
            Get some sweet peppers. I do a mix and freeze some.

Comment

Comment

Flunch had confit duck weekend before last, lovely. now if it were properly cooked it would be awesome.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning

Comment

Morning denizens

Comment

Working...
                      X