• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody BT, bunch of incompetent cockwombles.

Took almost three weeks to sort out a MAC for our broadband, having first sent a garbage one.

Then carry on billing us after the move.

Then, when this is pointed out, changing the billing to remove the broadband from the date we complained abut the bill, not the date it migrated. And then when challenged about that, trying to blame the new ISP for not getting the migration dates right when we have texts and emails from both confirming the migration had happened and the date and time it happened.

Finally they have admitted they got it wrong and refunded us the extra charges 6 weeks after the service was cancelled.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Just to balance the above rant a little.

Our new ISP is excellent. Broadband has been far more stable, speeds more consistent and customer service is excellent. To the point that when the router was accidentally unplugged I got a text from them informing me our line was down before I had been noticed and and again as soon as it came back online after I plugged it back in.

They also provide an online graphical view of network performance on your line and they have a sense of humour. Our local router one hop up the line is called Aimless, and the one after that is called Gormless

Not cheap but worth the money.

Andrews and Arnold ISP AAISP - Home
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Hmmm Sounds interesting.
        It was actually pretty good. Not sure the vodka really adds anything more than kitsch value but the Tabasco and horseradish definitely came through. Served with mash with a tsp of grated horseradish mixed in. Cooked for 5hrs and the beef just fell apart like pulled pork.

Not a bad winter warmer it's been added to the teamsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          It was actually pretty good. Not sure the vodka really adds anything more than kitsch value but the Tabasco and horseradish definitely came through. Served with mash with a tsp of grated horseradish mixed in. Cooked for 5hrs and the beef just fell apart like pulled pork.

Not a bad winter warmer it's been added to the teamsheet
          Did you cook this on the egg?

Have you tried any more recipes from the CUKbook?

I really need to try and make pulled pork at some point. What cut of pork do you use?
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Having a mini beer festival on Saturday, just wondering what to cook.

Was thinking chicken wings and nachos
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Did you cook this on the egg?

Have you tried any more recipes from the CUKbook?

I really need to try and make pulled pork at some point. What cut of pork do you use?
              Cooked in the oven as the weather is just atrocious at the mo.

I've used HyperD's pasta rec a few times now and it just works without issue. I keep wanting to do the lobster pasta dish but never manage to get to the fishmongers and I don't think frozen would do the business.

I use shoulder for pulled pork, it has enough fat but not too much to make it greasy. I've been making jerk pork a few time recently - it's not for the faint hearted. A whole scotch bonnet per person, blend it up with a bunch of coriander, spring onions, couple of tomatoes, honey, ginger, garlic, a dash of soy and a load of all spice. It goes into the pan bright green but comes out as this nutty spicy brown sauce but with a hint of sweetness from the honey. It's nose running spicy.

Comment

Having a mini beer festival on Saturday, just wondering what to cook.

Was thinking chicken wings and nachos

Jalepenos, halved, seeds removed and stuffed with cream cheese with some sort of meaty topping (pulled pork or shredded chicken in bbq sauce) then wrapped in streaky bacon and cooked (on the egg) alongside the chicken wings.

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Almost the weekend...
                      Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X