• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I think I may take them to the tip, and think about getting a new one as and when
    Very wise.

I'm tempted to do the same with the two ancient TVs in my box room.

One is circa 1981 (a Finlux) and the other is a Sharp (circa 2003).

The one that died the other week, a Watson, replaced the Sharp.

Oddly there was another Sharp tv of the same model in the YMCA where I bought the £7.99 Panasonic, but it was on a stand & they wanted £30(!!) for it.

I've still got the unused stand for the first Sharp telly under the stairs.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Feck me.

An esteemed customer (3rd year) has just shown me a piece of veroboard with more dry joints than you can shake the proverbial tulipty stick at.

And a more unusual way of mounting a programmable PIC has yet to be found.

First, soldering the damn thing into the board is A Bad Idea.

2nd, subsequently soldering resistors across the top of it is An Even Worse Idea.

Comment

And a more unusual way of mounting a programmable PIC has yet to be found.

First, soldering the damn thing into the board is A Bad Idea.

2nd, subsequently soldering resistors across the top of it is An Even Worse Idea.

Tell him his soldering is officially worse than Suitys
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Well there's plenty of solder sticking to the pins coming through the veroboard.

Sadly, there's no, or very little, solder connecting said pins to the veroboard tracks.

Comment

Well there's plenty of solder sticking to the pins coming through the veroboard.

Sadly, there's no, or very little, solder connecting said pins to the veroboard tracks.
            I'm surprised he didn't try and solder resisters between the protruding pins and the vero tracks
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Pics for general ammusement?
              "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I would if I could.

Much like this:

In fact, worse than this:

Last edited by zeitghost; 20 April 2015, 14:28.

Comment

Just got the quote back on the service on my Omega watch, £550!

Guess I am not getting an Apple Watch now
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Just got the quote back on the service on my Omega watch, £550!

Guess I am not getting an Apple Watch now
                    Ouch, what was wrong with it ? Or is this the cost of a normal service ?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                      Ouch, what was wrong with it ? Or is this the cost of a normal service ?
                      Normal service is £410, also needs a new dial
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X